Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have driven 50 mile radius from my house and no dealer has one I can try. I am looking to get one in 2004 but want to shoot one first. I cant ask a dealer to order me one and then if I dont like it not buy it. That would not be fair to them.

Does anyone have one that they would be willing to loan me for a couple weeks? I will pay shipping and insurance both ways. Anyone who knows me knows I take care of my archery equipment and it will be in good hands.

My wife thinks I have lost my mind cause I sold my 2003 Ultratec and I am looking at a Bowtech.

Roger

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
What weight and draw length??? I've got a black and pewter 60/ 29, 29 1/2.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
60lbs / 28" DL the duallys take mods right? I might be able to get some from the dealer in Morgantown.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WWAG if you wouldnt mind me changing the DL while I have it yours will work. I would change it back before I return it.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Believe me, after much thought and consideration I can't bring myself to risk the trip to your house with this bow. I'm sure you would take great care of it but I don't want to risk any damage to the bow from the post office or UPS, it just means too much to me, she's a real sweetheart:D I think even if you were to find that this bow is the best you have found yet, that you would probably wait and see what BowTech has to offer in '04. If I could drive to your house and hand you the bow, I'd be perfectly happy to let you test it for as long as you wanted. Maybe someone in your area could help you out?

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
walks with a gi

Hey that sure it’s a great bow, I have one just like it, one sweet bow, I also have a patriot, and I think I like that better, testing arrows through the chrono last night and with the patriot at 51 lbs I shot 279. f/p/s pro forty at 54 lbs 276. f/p/s same arrow
I think the pro 40 at max 60lbs would sure be smoking

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WWAG, I cant blame you. Hey thanks for considering it. Yea I will be wating until 2004 model comes out. I think I will Like the bow it is just hard to make that kind of investment with out taking a test drive.

May I ask what kind of speed are you getting from it? I shoot right at 5gr for 3d and I think the extra ATA and BH over the ultratec is what I am looking for. I think that the pro 40 and the Protec are my two choices but I cant decide. I have shot a Protec and liked it but I have other motivations for getting a Bowtech.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
I don't understand why the dealers won't stock one. The P40 is one of the most popular bows in the BowTech line. Where are you in WV?

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in Hepzibah WV and in 50 miles there is only one dealer that I know of. He is in morgantown and the only dually he had was a lefty Pat. I even emailed bowtech and ask them if they would send one for me to try and let them hold my credit card until I return it or send it to the dealer, so far I got no response. I know there is another dealer is southern WV but I have yet to call him.

Most dealers in this area wont let you shoot there bows anyway. I went to the mathews dealer and was looking at a q2xl <<- long time ago :) and ask him how it shot he said well come back here, I thought he was going to let me shoot one. Hell no, I stood there and had to watch him shoot his 5 or six times and he "said yea its smooth". So I never went back there.

Its no big deal, I just figured I would ask and see if anyone was brave enough to loan me one, I really didnt even expect to get a Reply. Thanks Guys!

Roger

·
Registered
392 Posts
Roger.
My Pro40 Dually 60# 28" draw 330gr arrow will do 280fps consistantly through the crono.
Thats with Peep magnock reciever string loop and the BT hush kit.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that is good for 30 gr over. I looked in my daughters rascal owners manual and it lists all the bow and speed. Thay are saying 28" 70lbs will shoot 310-115. I tell you if I could get 300 at 55-57lbs I would be sold.

My Ultratec was shooting 302 at 56lbs and 28". I shoot 3d only so the speed is an issue, I shoot my best scores with a bow that shoots over 300. As long as its shootable.

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hoyt_pro said:
Three words, "SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP"

Just kidding. Fine bow. Bowtech shooters in my neighborhood like the single cam better though.

Good luck.:D
Thats what my wife is saying, I shot a few 300+ rounds this year and she thinks I am nuts. I told her, How can I know if Hoyt is the best bow for me if I dont ever shoot anything else. LOL

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
My little sweetie will do 302 at 60 pounds, 29 1/2 inch draw and with a 356 grain arrow. The birth certificate said 315 fps with 29 inch draw and 300 grain arrow, I got 313 with a 305 grain. You might want to check E-Bay for a used Pro 40, I've seen one before and some people might be selling their target bows to get cash for the '04's.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm not sure where you are from but we have currently opened an archery shop in Campbells Creek, WV (charleston area). My husband has a Bowtech Pro 40 (the true 40) that he is selling and it would be no problem if you wanted to stop in and try that one out to see if you like them. We do not currently carry Bow Tech. The only bow we have right now are Hoyts. Just let me know and I'll give you directions

·
Banned
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey thanks, I might have to take a road trip. I am in the Clarksburg area so you are a couple hours away from me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts