Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Bowtech Tomkat 71 pound draw wieght 28in draw length. I have had the bow for about 4 weeks now. The problem is I was shooting this weekend and was grouping good and all of sudden it started shooting 6in to the left. I checked my sights they are tight couldn't see where they had moved. I looked over the Limbs didn't see any cracks. One thing I did notice is that the bow string had twisted. When I pull it back it doesn't feel the same. I took it into the bow shop and he told me to adjust my sights. Any help would be greatly appericiated.

·
Registered
826 Posts
if there are no noticeable problems with your bow,it sounds like your string has broken in and has stretched a little which means you might have to reset your sights but first if the string did indeed stretch you will have to put some twist in it to get it to your correct draw length, correct draw length is very important.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Make sure your rest hasnt came loose and moved, I had that happen to me the other day with my Whisker Bisquit,
hope this helps

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
SDOG3 said:
Make sure your rest hasnt came loose and moved, I had that happen to me the other day with my Whisker Bisquit,
hope this helps
I would also check the rest. I would doubt a little string stretch would make you shoot 6" to the left. Changing your grip could alter your impact point, so I assume you are consistent on that:)

·
Registered
826 Posts
One thing I did notice is that the bow string had twisted. When I pull it back it doesn't feel the same. I took it into the bow shop and he told me to adjust my sights. Any help would be greatly appericiated.[/QUOTE]

make sure everthing is tight as others have mentioned but if your draw length is not correct it can throw you off,I had it happen to myself

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Something you can do to see if sight or rest are moving is put a dab of white-out on them. You'll be able to see if things are moving, or not. Measure ata and brace height to see if there's any string or cable stretch. Straighten that out if needed. If your rest moved, your groups will move more left as you move back. Shoot from differing distance using the same pin. Don't worry about up and down. The white-out won't help now, but once things are straightened out, you can use it.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Also if you start torquing the bow a lot... or moving your bow arm to the left when you shoot will also cause you to shoot to the left. If everything is tight.. I'd bet on this being the culprit.. Sometimes it's also caused by the draw length being too long... leading to the above situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts