Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have trouble with set screws on cams loosening up? Had this happen to me 2 times now and used the blue threadlock after the fist time. About 100 shots later they came loose again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have 3 prodigys, plus other similar bowtechs. Never happened to me.

Make sure the discs are positioned tight and in the correct spots. Use the blue loctite. When tightening Allen wrenches have built in torque abilities..... if using a single L shaped Allen wrench. Place the short end of the Allen wrench in the screw. Tighten until long arm of Allen wrench flexes "1/4 inch." This should be tight and should never come loose.

The screws aren't stripped are they?

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,360 Posts
Dab of loctite won’t work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 3 prodigys, plus other similar bowtechs. Never happened to me.

Make sure the discs are positioned tight and in the correct spots. Use the blue loctite. When tightening Allen wrenches have built in torque abilities..... if using a single L shaped Allen wrench. Place the short end of the Allen wrench in the screw. Tighten until long arm of Allen wrench flexes "1/4 inch." This should be tight and should never come loose.

The screws aren't stripped are they?
No I did have a dealer go through the yoke to replace anything needed. Wonder if maybe he replaced some of the screws on the cam.
Dab of loctite won’t work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it didnt work. Im not sure if maybe it was old?

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
I have a BTX, first Bowtech I have had the issue with, but it happened multiple times, even after loctite, took out all screws completely and made sure they got a good covering with blue loc tite, been good since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts