Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the Bowtech version rest on my SR6 and have a few questions. I have to rotate the flex guard dampener like others have mentioned. I was curious how far should the rest fall? If i hit the release button on the rest lightly it will fall to a 90°. If i take my finger and snap the rest button like it should fall when shot. It falls below 90°. I assume I'm gonna have to run this rest all the way up so it doesn't slap the bow shelf. I also noticed the containment arm hits the bow. I would of figured the Bowtech version wouldn't have these issues. Is the launcher arm suppose to fall below 90° ? 20200210_084505.jpg 20200210_084437.jpg

·
Bucky
224 Posts
I run mine so arrow runs through the middle of the rest holes and the launcher contacts the shelf. I put a shelf pad on to dampen the launcher hitting the shelf. I personally don’t worry about it contacting the shelf. I wouldn’t run it higher to eliminate it from hitting the shelf.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i will be interested to hear more about this. i had a SR6 and put a regular QAD ultra on it, but i heated the capture bar and bent it so the rest would fit tight against the riser. i later on bought the bowtech version QAD but i sold the bow and was gonna get a revolt x but decided to go a different direction. i didn't think the launcher dropped below 90* but maybe i didn't notice

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called QAD yesterday and emailed them pictures of my rest. I have a defective rest. They emailed me a return authorization so it can be repaired. The launcher has over travel in it when it falls from 90 degree to 0 degree when shot. That is why I'm having to raise the rest so high to clear bow shelf when launcher falls. I have the newer version of bowtech ultra rest. I found out yesterday that it has a lifetime warranty and i only have to pay shipping cost to QAd.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The newer version should have 4 dots on the inside of mount that mounts rest to bow riser. The 4 dots look like braille writing. 20200210_121227.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts