Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Bowtech Tribute to play around with and ran into a couple of problems.

1) Vane clearence issues with the cables.
2) None of my sight screws fit the riser, it's almost like the holes were machined to small or something.

Anybody have any ideas to help? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
1. Make sure that your centershot is set correctly, that your cable guard rod is tight and that the cable slide isn't worn.

2. All bows use the same sized accessory screws. Be sure that it's not full of paint(if a sight has never been mounted) or boogered up with Loc-Tite from the previous owner(if a sight has been mounted). Run a thread cleaning tap through to clear out your threads.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I had the same problem with the clearance on mine and I put a saunders slide on it and that gave me enough room

·
Registered
51,108 Posts
Clearance---if your using a carbon arrow turn the nock slightly. As far as screws for the sight and the holes they are standard on all bows-----unless someone monkeyed up the threads in the holes or you using the wrong size screw,:smile:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Try a new cable slide, had the same issue with an Ally and put the Sims teflon slide on and fixed that. The Bowtech cable guard sticks out a ways.

Run a tap into the sight holes and retap the riser.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
just put a saunders cable slide on my ally cured clearance issue for me

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
would put the Sims slide on for sure that is what cured my tribby problem, and tap that rizer to get it to fit. I have never ran into that problem before.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Cable clearance issue on every bowtech I own. I solved with dropaway rest and cock out configuration. I actullay went the other way on slide using a Hicks Tournament slide which moves the cables away from the cable rod slightly since I did not need as much clearance with the cock out configuration. Bows all shoot wonderfully.

Five of my hunting buddies shoot the same configuration with their Tributes, Allegiances, Commanders, Guardians, and a couple more that escape me right now.

All total about a dozen 06 thru 08 Bowtecs all with vane/cable clearance issues cock up but remedied with cock out and dropaway.

Should it be this way--no--but they all shoot great after circumventing their cable clearance shortfall.

Marc:darkbeer::smile::darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have three bowtechs and also shoot cock feather out to solve the clearance problem. Run a tap through the screw holes. all are the same.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The threads were all gummed up with loctite or something, I just wanted to ask before I tried forcing anything and stripping threads. Just to make sure the Tributes didn't have some sort of weird riser thing I didn't know about.

The cable clearance thing kinda stinks, I like to use the Hostage rest so I'll mess around and see what I can do. Probably try another guard or slide, I hate to screw with my nocks since I use the same arrows on another bow that doesn't have clearance problems. I use Blazers and they are way to high profile for this bow it seems. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
We had the same problem with the wife's Guardian at first, but a new slide and switching over to Fusions gave her plenty of room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts