Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
so a 1K bow with plastic pockets?.............now that's ridiculous
You do realize that a lot of the top bows use polymer limb pockets, to save weight.

How much are you suppose to loosen them? I checked the one on the cracked pocket and it still had about 1/2 a turn before it was snug. And again, I can’t see how only tightening the limb bolt about 1/4 - 1/2 a turn further would cause it to crack like that, even if the lock was tight.
And this may also be a contributing factor. The bolts are supposed to be snug. Without it being snug it allows for slight movement, which can cause stress fractures.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Talked to customer service and they won’t ship to me but do have them in stock, which is great. I’m able to run up to a local dealer today with my bow so hopefully with express shipping it can get taken care of quickly.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
You do realize that a lot of the top bows use polymer limb pockets, to save weight.

And this may also be a contributing factor. The bolts are supposed to be snug. Without it being snug it allows for slight movement, which can cause stress fractures.
like which ones?...........and exactly how much weight savings are we talking about here? i'd say that's extremely negligible

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
It is comical, how people use the word plastic, like it is the same material that happy meal toys are made from.
It is a composite, which is used in automobiles, airplanes, and many, many other applications.
Can it fail, sure but, so can any other material.
So.. yeah.. plastic.
I honestly thought it'd be aluminum.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
I love how all of the guys defending the "composit"/plastic pockets have a Bowtech in their sig.

I'd still buy one if I liked the bows better than others but I would 100% prefer aluminum pockets.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I love how all of the guys defending the "composit"/plastic pockets have a Bowtech in their sig.

I'd still buy one if I liked the bows better than others but I would 100% prefer aluminum pockets.
Right?? ……. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts