Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a new bow for 2018. I mainly just hunt out of a tree stand and shoot for fun with my friends. What matters most to me in a bow is being accurate, the bow holding great, it having a great smooth draw, and last is for it to have great let-off so I can hold the weight long enough for a good deer when need be. I have read several threads about the RealmX, Ritual, Pro Defiant, and Triax all being great bows. Going through them, it seems like from top to bottom the highest rated to least (With them all being great bows!) would be: RealmX, Triax, Ritual, and the Pro Defiant. Can any of you tell me what you suggest when I am looking at a very accurate bow that holds great?

·
can I shoot it?
17,049 Posts
Not to toot my own horn, but I think I’ve done a pretty decent job of reviewing all those bows this year on here and on YouTube. If you have any specific questions about any of them please send me a PM I will be glad to try to help

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
go shoot them, at the end of the day, they are all nice bows and your the one that is gonna have to make choice.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
13,523 Posts
For what you are describing the Realm X would be top choice IMO. I'm also 27.5" DL and spent time with 3 of the 4 you mention and bought 2 of the 4. The Pro Defiant I had zero interest in. I like the Triax as tiny, short bows go but it's far too short for my liking and I noticed the sharp string angle. If Mathews makes a Triax type bow for 2019 that is 31" ATA or longer (that doesn't weigh a ton) I might well be interested. All else equal, a bow that short is going to negatively impact your accuracy - and it also has only a 6" BH would can also negatively impact accuracy for some and cause clearance issues. The Realm X and Ritual are both great bows and I owned both. Beware of the Ritual as they appear to be having a quality issue with the cams so you'd probably want to make sure you got the redesigned cams. The Draw cycle and hold on the Realm X in comfort setting was simply better than the Ritual for me so I ended up dumping my Ritual a little while ago and have another Realm X on order - it's that good. It's got 5" more ATA and 1/2" more BH than the Triax and a better grip angle - it will easily be a more accurate bow for 90% of archers IMO and should fit your needs perfectly. It also has rotating mods which are good in case you need to make a DL change and for resale as almost anyone can buy it and not need to spend a bunch of money buying new mods.

·
A.K.A BuckChef
4,118 Posts
I spent a lot of time with those bows as well, (except the Hoyt) I'm just not a Hoyt guy. I ended up with the RealmX, I just like a longer ATA bow, and the grip was better suited to my liking, add the super smooth draw and I had a winner. I quite possibly could have yet another long time bow on my hands like the BT Experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I shot a Mathews Triax at my local pro shop last night.. it was set up at 29" 70lb. smoothest and quietest shooting bow I've ever put my hands on. in hand noticeably shorter than my halon 32. drawn back I didn't notice at all.. feels exactly like my halon but a LOT smoother and quieter on release.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Im a big fan of the Realm X. I shot the Hoyt and it was Ok. The Realm X is going to be the easiest tunable bow. There is no moving cam shims and is adjustable to a wide variety of shooters. No changing modules. Also helps in resale when you are ready.

It is smooth and plenty fast and very accurate. Can’t go wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Shoot the ones that interest you and pick the one you like the best....make sure it gets setup and tuned and then go enjoy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Appreciate all of the responses. I have a guy local selling two new in the box Realm X's for $1,500 total. I may need to jump on that then before he sells them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts