Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Tunning goes to Bowtech. the OB has a better finish, smoother draw , less vibration and quieter, better grip, back wall is a toss up. and so is the speed. They both come in shy of making IBO I believe, I would take OB any day, JMO.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
2 great choices. Id say its a toss up as both are great bows. All comes down to which one you prefer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It came down to these two bows for me, as well. I liked the slim grip of the Evo much better. Kinda felt like comparing a slender 1911 single stack grip to a Glock's wider double stack in that regard. That was one thing I knew I'd never be able to get over before I even sent the first arrow down range with the 360. And once I did- "ChuNgg". Not exactly quiet. Not exactly dead in the hand, either. But man, that arrow slapped the target every bit as fierce as the Evo.

Evo had a lovely draw. Stiff up front, but progressed with easy. 360 felt like it retained a good bit of that stiffness throughout. Had a super solid back wall (as did the 360) and a dead quiet release. No stabilizers on either of them, but that Evo was d.e.a.d. in my hand. Smile factor all around. And that grip again.. MmmMmmm.. Once I brought the Evo to full draw on the next shot, I tried to get a feel for letting it down. I'm not kidding when I say it almost felt like a jack in the box- "When's it gunna go?!" It literally feels like it needs a push to get going. Or as if you could just let it hang there, walk off and have a bite and it'll be right there waiting for you. That experience totally set me up for the 360 when I did the same on it. I didn't even fully commit to the mental decision to let down and the sucker tried to take off! Cought me by surprise. I imagine that could be nice when you need it though.

In the end, I walked out with the Evo. But that shouldn't mean anything to you or anybody who jives with the 360. I still can't understand why anybody would want to shoot a Glock when there's perfectly good 1911s out there. Just preferences. That was a fun day, though. Good luck in the search and hopefully you can get your hands on them both.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
It came down to these two bows for me, as well. I liked the slim grip of the Evo much better. Kinda felt like comparing a slender 1911 single stack grip to a Glock's wider double stack in that regard. That was one thing I knew I'd never be able to get over before I even sent the first arrow down range with the 360. And once I did- "ChuNgg". Not exactly quiet. Not exactly dead in the hand, either. But man, that arrow slapped the target every bit as fierce as the Evo.

Evo had a lovely draw. Stiff up front, but progressed with easy. 360 felt like it retained a good bit of that stiffness throughout. Had a super solid back wall (as did the 360) and a dead quiet release. No stabilizers on either of them, but that Evo was d.e.a.d. in my hand. Smile factor all around. And that grip again.. MmmMmmm.. Once I brought the Evo to full draw on the next shot, I tried to get a feel for letting it down. I'm not kidding when I say it almost felt like a jack in the box- "When's it gunna go?!" It literally feels like it needs a push to get going. Or as if you could just let it hang there, walk off and have a bite and it'll be right there waiting for you. That experience totally set me up for the 360 when I did the same on it. I didn't even fully commit to the mental decision to let down and the sucker tried to take off! Cought me by surprise. I imagine that could be nice when you need it though.

In the end, I walked out with the Evo. But that shouldn't mean anything to you or anybody who jives with the 360. I still can't understand why anybody would want to shoot a Glock when there's perfectly good 1911s out there. Just preferences. That was a fun day, though. Good luck in the search and hopefully you can get your hands on them both.

If you take the grip off the RPM it has a very nice thin grip area. Also mine which is tuned correctly, is getting a few FPS over advertised IBO.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have the same set up on my 360 love the handle now!!!! Hated the fat original one it is very smooth fast and quiet want to shoot a obsession real bad!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man, I wish I would've realized that. That's the only thing (I thought) I could say I legitimately disliked about the 360. I'll be looking for a backup at some point, and you may have just put it back up on my short list of contenders. Thanks for posting, bornagain!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Tunning goes to Bowtech. the OB has a better finish, smoother draw , less vibration and quieter, better grip, back wall is a toss up. and so is the speed. They both come in shy of making IBO I believe, I would take OB any day, JMO.
This, except if both are well tuned, the RPM is faster.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have owned both and while I am a real Bowtech fan the RPM360 was very disappointing. Set up identical to my Destroyer 350 it was 12-15 fps slower..hated, hated the cheesy plastic grip, keep it 2 weeks and it was gone. Got the Evolution next and while it was closer to ibo than the RPM360 but it was still 10-12 fps slower than rated ibo. Grip was better and overall I liked the Evolution better however I got rid of it and went with a Chill R which imo was better than anything I shot for 14. My biggest gripe about Obsession is their little ''fan boy'' fb bashing club that uses every bow companies advertising pages and rewords them to bash their product and they act like within a couple of years Obsession will be the only choice because they will have put Mathews, Hoyt PSE etc. will be out of business. Very childish and unprofessional behavior for a good company, esp a new company that just has another KS Elite design, good bows they are, humble the owners and shooters are not.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I currently own them both, and they are both tuned, but my draw length is only 27 inches and I am shooting 460 grain arrows. SO, naturally two different bows will handle the efficiency loss differently, however my RPM is three feet or so faster, but thats it. EVERYTHING else goes to the Evo for me. As a matter of fact I will make you a VERY good deal on my RPM if you want!!! TO ME, the Evo is five times the bow that the RPM is. The Overdrive binary is awesome, but the EVO was an absolute pleasure to tune as well!!!

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I have owned both and while I am a real Bowtech fan the RPM360 was very disappointing. Set up identical to my Destroyer 350 it was 12-15 fps slower..hated, hated the cheesy plastic grip, keep it 2 weeks and it was gone. Got the Evolution next and while it was closer to ibo than the RPM360 but it was still 10-12 fps slower than rated ibo. Grip was better and overall I liked the Evolution better however I got rid of it and went with a Chill R which imo was better than anything I shot for 14. My biggest gripe about Obsession is their little ''fan boy'' fb bashing club that uses every bow companies advertising pages and rewords them to bash their product and they act like within a couple of years Obsession will be the only choice because they will have put Mathews, Hoyt PSE etc. will be out of business. Very childish and unprofessional behavior for a good company, esp a new company that just has another KS Elite design, good bows they are, humble the owners and shooters are not.
I'm not quite sure what your beef is with obsession. Their little "fan boy" bashing club as you put it is not a reason to sell a bow you bought imo. Every company has their own
"fan boy" base whether you want to admit it or not. If you're shooting a bow you don't believe in then why are you shooting that bow. Saying "they" are childish and unprofessional is your opinion and you are entitled to that, but what you have just done is not only bash the people who shoot obsession bows but the owners as well.
If you liked the evo better than the rpm says something about KS design. Love him or hate him he can still design a bow. Sorry you gave up a good shooting bow because of
something you have no control over. Hopefully you can enjoy your chill-r. With the rock mods they are a nice bow.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I have RPM great bow I don't think the grip is all that bad ! different yes,I have a slimmer grip on my CPXL like it also.I have not shot the EVO but a friend has one nice bow for sure.Rpm is very fast 310gr, 321 FPS, 28'' draw 62#Mine is tuned to the hilt.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd have to give the nod to Obsession's warranty and customer service, as well. Damaged my original cams. User error, of course. Once the string and cables were removed, I could barely make out the faintest dip in the finish on the back of the riser. I brought it to their attention just to make sure it was a non-issue. If it was just finish, it didn't bother me at all and I could only notice it at certain angles in specific lighting. But I wanted to be sure it wasn't the riser. They assured me it was indeed just the finish. But they didn't care. It was only 99% perfect, so they shipped me a brand new bow with a killer gun metal finish at no upcharge (The original was flat black). Just the price of the cams. No labor charges. No catch. No stipulations to their warranty- which follows the bow, by the way. Not the owner. It's not just transferable- It's completely fluid. No warranty card and reciept to fill out and turn in within a specified time after the purchase. They won't turn their back on you if you bought it from an unauthorized dealer. I always got a literally near immediate response to any email inquiry I had during the process and a quick turn-around, to boot. Just. Pure. Win.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'd have to give the nod to Obsession's warranty and customer service, as well. Damaged my original cams. User error, of course. Once the string and cables were removed, I could barely make out the faintest dip in the finish on the back of the riser. I brought it to their attention just to make sure it was a non-issue. If it was just finish, it didn't bother me at all and I could only notice it at certain angles in specific lighting. But I wanted to be sure it wasn't the riser. They assured me it was indeed just the finish. But they didn't care. It was only 99% perfect, so they shipped me a brand new bow with a killer gun metal finish at no upcharge (The original was flat black). Just the price of the cams. No labor charges. No catch. No stipulations to their warranty- which follows the bow, by the way. Not the owner. It's not just transferable- It's completely fluid. No warranty card and reciept to fill out and turn in within a specified time after the purchase. They won't turn their back on you if you bought it from an unauthorized dealer. I always got a literally near immediate response to any email inquiry I had during the process and a quick turn-around, to boot. Just. Pure. Win.
i was in the same boat regarding whether or not i wanted an experience or phoenix and ultimately decided on the phoenix due the the warranty and customer service. heard nothing but great things about dennis

·
Registered
177 Posts
i was in the same boat regarding whether or not i wanted an experience or phoenix and ultimately decided on the phoenix due the the warranty and customer service. heard nothing but great things about dennis
I didn't know that when I bought it. And man, I was sweat'n bullets about what I'd done and what it might cost to fix. Maybe there's unseen damage, yatta-yatta. Then Dennis told me how they roll. It was a load off, but I felt like a pile. I just destroyed a work of art. I don't deserve a second chance! haha

And yeah, Dennis and the team are right on point. A-1.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Can't load pics from my phone for some reason but I own the 360 and I also hated the grip! Love the biw hate the grip! Put on a bow rattler grip and am super happy with it changed the bow 100% for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts