Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up yesterday and spent all day today trying to get it to tune.. Its a dec. 09 model without the flex guard. If anyone has one ans got it tuned woul mind telling me how you set it up? I am using a ripcord rest and get a left tear no matter what I do.. I appreciate the help.. Steve

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Captain same problem!

Been working a captain09 with same problem. Maybe we'll both figure something out. I'll drop a PM if I figure something out. catch you later and keep on shootin.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
clearance

check for fletching clearance by the cables. You don't have alot of clearance on those bows, especially if your shooting blazers. Twist the nock until you have the maximum clearance possible. This is what fixed mine. The fletching contacted the cable kicking the tail left. Alot of people are doing the shoot thru cable system on them.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here is what I learned... I set the rest level with the berger holes and moved the rest so that the arrow is lined up on the inside edge of the arrow shelf cut out. I barely had clearance with Blazers. First shot with 5575 GT's and 100 grain tip was 1 inch left. Changed my grip from open handed to pressure on the front of the riser with my fingers holding the bow deeper and got it to 1/2 inch. Went to 3555 Gt and a 100 grain tip and got a bullet hole with the new style of gripping. Turned the bow up to about 65 pounds from 62 and went back to the 5575 and got a trear of less than 1/4 inch with the 3555 still shooting a bullet hole. Had to reconfigure my spott hogg to get my sights set but I SHOT 5 ARROWS AT 20 YDS AND BROKE 2 NOCKS. It drives tacks but it looks screwy set up inside of center.. Hope this helps.. Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts