Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Sentinel

1602 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  walks with a gi
Anyone knows if Bowtech solved the well known problem of the cable guard?

I mean, with this kind of cable guard will the larger vanes (like blazers 2") fly without clearance problem (in the bowtech commander and guardian, vanes touch one of the cables)?

thanks in advance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
did you compare the sentinel to the captain and admiral?

· Registered
7,625 Posts
I shot the captain yesterday pretty extensively, and i think it is an amazing bow. it shot extremely well. it didnt feel as good in hte hand as the admiral but its draw and every thing was great. It serves the guardian well imho. i believe it will carry bowtech and be considered "the best all around bow on the market" like the guardian was. Its hard to improve on a bow like the guardian and they have done it.
I believe the admiral is and will be considered their #1 bow by most just b/c it pushes the boundries of short and forgiving but in reality i think the captain is best over all. just my .02
derek

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
205 Posts
Derek, I agree, The Captain is one sweet bow. Fast, zero shock and a comfortable draw cycle to a solid wall, just like I like it. I'm going to shoot the Sentinal as sson as it comes in before ordering a Captain.

· Registered
9,862 Posts
I've had my Admiral for a little more than 2 weeks now and it's shooting great! I also shot the Captain when I shot the demo bows but that Admiral was for me for hunting. It's very accurate, forgiving and quiet. There is plenty of fletch clearance, your fletching will hit the riser before they hit the cables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.