Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed when I was going hunting my Lower limps has two small strips there it seems to be the carbon cracking/splintering. Is this shootable at all ? By the way this will be the second limb that has cracked I have already replaced one.
Bicycle tire Wood Automotive tire Font Engineering
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Not shootable. When replacing limbs, or doing any work in the press, have you taken the required turns out of the limb bolts? Bowtechs require 4 turns out before pressing.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Not shootable. When replacing limbs, or doing any work in the press, have you taken the required turns out of the limb bolts? Bowtechs require 4 turns out before pressing.
Not sure which ones you are talking about. My SR6 manual says nothing about backing off limb bolts before pressing. The only thing it says about pressing is that you might need to in order to move the module to certain positions to access the screws.

If you think about it, every time you draw back your bow to shoot it you are "pressing" the limbs further than you ever do in a bow press, so you shouldn't be causing any damage to the bow.

Now I have heard that some bow presses can't handle the stress of pressing some higher poudage bows, so you may need to turn down the bow poundage to protect the press.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going to shoot it, luckily bowtech sent my shop a whole set of limbs when my last one cracked so I have an extra. I just don't get it, two cracked limbs on a bow that has been kept in a house in a case and never been beat around or kept in a car and honestly not even shot that much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts