Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Bowtech 12 months ago. An Invasion. Shot it for a weekend and installed the peep. While I've had to put a twist or two in the cables over the last year, the peep has never moved.

I think it's amazing that the string has not changed in that time from fresh out of the factory. As an amateur string builder I don't expect to see much string movement, but I think this is amazing for a factory string.

I'd like to hear of your experiences with stock strings.

·
Registered
873 Posts
On my stock Insanity string there is some creep going on....when I purchased the bow the ATA was considerably long and the peak weight was light....my 32" ATA was 32.5" on one side and 32.4375" on the other side. After 150 or so shots I twisted my cables to get the ATA, BH and weight where it should be and after the initial tuning the peep has rotated 1/2 way around again. Now I've got another 200 or so shots through it and it hasn't seemed to move more so I'm thinking I can probably get my peep in the correct spot now and it would be good to go. After seeing the creep and poor serve job I went ahead and ordered some JBK strings for it and I received them today....they look a bit nicer than my stock strings and I'm planning to put them on pretty soon.

I really liked the strings that came on my 05' Bowtech Allegiance....too bad they didn't stick with them....I'm pretty sure that one was made by Vapor Trail.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your response, but have to say that your screen name and your location have me confused. :confused:

As I said, I am impressed with the string on the Invasion, but it may be that stock strings are a crap shoot.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My experience with the stock strings is pretty much the same has the OP. The only bow that had stock threads for an extended period of time was my '12 Insanity CPX that I recently sold. After shooting it for awhile the cables needed twisted a little but that was about it as far as stretch or peep rotation. The only thing I noticed was serving separation on the non yoke end of the cable were it makes the less then 45 degree bend around the one post before the end loop attaches to the peg. Haven't had that problem with custom threads though. Anyone else notice any issues in that area of the cable? The dealer got me new cables right away and the replacement cables held up better there but I didn't run them very long before putting on a custom set from Strict9.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of my serving has been, for the most part, faultless. The serving outside the shrink tube over the speed nocks is loose as a goose. Since it serves no purpose, I just ignore it. Seems that the shrink tubing works better than a good back wrap.

As an amateur string builder, I'll be hard pressed to build a better string than the stock strings.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I appreciate your response, but have to say that your screen name and your location have me confused. :confused:

As I said, I am impressed with the string on the Invasion, but it may be that stock strings are a crap shoot.

Best of luck to you.
I'm from Maine...live in Maine but I've got a rabbit chasing machine of a beagle named Dixie :wink:

She's the dog right behind my old truck waiting for me in this pic

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
My strings have stayed put no creep, no string rotation. My servings have separated some in some places like around cam pegs but other than that are good. Pretty decent factory stings for sure.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I have had a few bowtechs and only had one that the peep constantly moved. We tried everything you can think of to fix it. Other than that I have had pretty good luck with the factory strings. I have a 13' Assassin that I have yet to shoot but I am going to give the strings on it a run before I go replacing them.

·
Regohio
17,970 Posts
I once asked a famous string maker on AT to make a set for a New BOWTECH I bought...he said wait a year and save 75.00 He said they were just as good!

That said alot

·
Registered
598 Posts
My experience with the stock strings is pretty much the same has the OP. The only bow that had stock threads for an extended period of time was my '12 Insanity CPX that I recently sold. After shooting it for awhile the cables needed twisted a little but that was about it as far as stretch or peep rotation. The only thing I noticed was serving separation on the non yoke end of the cable were it makes the less then 45 degree bend around the one post before the end loop attaches to the peg. Haven't had that problem with custom threads though. Anyone else notice any issues in that area of the cable? The dealer got me new cables right away and the replacement cables held up better there but I didn't run them very long before putting on a custom set from Strict9.
X2 on the Strict9 strings. They absolutely don't spread on the servings and after a very few shots, you can set the peep for good. Great product! Bowtech factory strings are OK, with the exception of the servings.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
had the stock string set on my heartbreaker for about 2 years.
I shot it a lot and could have kept it on . ( and should have ).
After 2 years I only lost about 3 or 4 lbs dw and very little peep rotation.
replaced the string in may and its junk already , and the guy who made it
wont stand behind it.
should have bought one from bowtech

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Been shooting my CPXL for 9 months There are a lot of arrows off the bow 2000 or so. Not any peep rotation and My timing marks are spot on and my ATA is the same I shoot it at 5 gr per pound and that will test a string.May be I just got lucky and got a good set of strings and cables.But I think there strings are good!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Stock rigging generally is good to go for a year or two, depending on how much you shoot. Shot the stock strings on my D340 for 2 years before the cables started getting significant serving separation at the 180* peg on the cam. I still have them as a back-up set since they were still shooting good. I set the peep in the original set after 10 shots. It only rotated 1/4 turn in 2 years after that. Only lost 1lbs of draw weight in that time too. Bowtech stock strings are the best I've seen in the industry.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The stock strings on my Experience have been really good. Some of the best stock strings I've ever had.

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
Glad to hear the experience stock strings have been decent! I hate having to replace threads right away on a brand new bow.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
My stock strings held up great on my cpx. Shot the p out of it stayed in spec for over a year. Started to get some serving wear so put some AB strings on.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,771 Posts
All of my BowTech's with stock strings has held up very well. No difference between those and a good set of custom strings.

BowTech definitely has that one down pat.

Happy Shooting to you all.

Skeet.

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
I had an issue with the string on my invasion a few years back. Also had some issues with servi gs on a few of my friends destroyers. So I hated octane strings there for a little while.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts