Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech & STS...

1K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  ArcheryAttic 
When you metioned you smoked your arm, the first thing I thought was that your draw might be too long. That wouldnt have anything to do with you silencers flying off, but shooting too light of an arrow would, in regards that it creates much more bow vibration than shooting a heavier arrow, thats what I meant. I just put a set of Simms String leeches on my Patriot Dually, and think they are great so far. They, along with my STS, took out a lot of vibration that I was feeling, and reduced the sound to a light "thunk" when I shoot. You might want to consider those instead of the Bowtech Hush kit if you are going to replace it. Good to see that you boosted your arrow weight, we don't want to hear of any bows exploding! :D

Your the same guy who was shooting an arrow too light fow you bow, right? That is going to do more than tear up your hush kit, and it won't be long before your limbs crack or worse! I shot my Patriot single cam for about a year before I lost any of the little arms off the string silincers. Get you an arrow that is right for your bow and you won't have any trouble with stuff flying off your bow and for safety sake! :mg:

P.S., sounds like your draw length is too long, try and fix that before you go putting an STS on your bow( not that it isn't a great accessory).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.