Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Well I will start off. I switched to bowtech this year and I absolutely love them.

I got my first patriot from Jerry/NJ and loved it so much I bought another from VFT that is almost identical. I have never shot this good. The bow just feels perfect to me.

I might even pick up another one next year if the wife doesnt find out.

rick

·
Registered
109 Posts
This Allegiance has been the fastest most accurate bow I shoot. I see no reason to stoop down to bashing other manufacture models... There are alot of great models out there.. But my Allegiance has been an amazing machine. Having the option of smooth and speed mods is a great feature :) JMO

·
Registered
890 Posts
Mighty Mite last year, Tribute this year. The Tribute is hands down the best bow on the market for 06.:cocktail:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
had my defender for two seasons now and it is still awsome

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have a Diamond Liberty and I love the way this thing shoots. It is the nicest bow I have ever shot. I would like to get a Tribute maybe for next season, but that is just because I want a bow with sick speed. IMO Bowtech is one of the best bow companies out.

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
I was continuing to sight in my Tribute tonight. I have my pins set so far at 30, 40 & 50 yards. My last group at 50 yards was ~~4 inches. I am really pumped about this new Tribute! I am getting used to the grip and using my wrist strap release for hunting after using a hand held all season.

Using my 30 yard pin, I shoot ~2 inches high at 10 yards.

Bowtech rocks!

Rx

Attachments

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
To be honest it all started because of 3-D a few years back.

I was always having to hot rod bows in one way or another and there was always a price to pay for over stressing limbs,ect..

Some years I was buying as many as five bows in search of that magic solution.

Then Black Knight came out :wink:

Here was a bow that was faster than anything I had built (that had stayed together more than a few months :D ) and was super shootable for me.

I fell in love with it and have never looked back.

Today I had it out on the 3-D range ( another new/used I picked up) and had a 4" window at 45yrds. with an IBO set up.
(Float added)
You just cant beat 1 pinning a course ;)

I continue to search out the 5.5" brace BK2 because this is the very last bow I will ever shoot. :)

The only thing I have to say in a negative is that Bowtech let the idea of super duper speed fall prey to plain old super speed :embara:

:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
hello everyone,
I had been shooting bear for about 6 years and went to my local shop after not being all that content with what i was shooting and to see what was out there and was shown a few models and wound up ordering my samson vft with 100 lb limbs and Wow, speed accuacy and such KE well after taking a few deer and seeing the new bianary cam system i had to have one and wound up buying the tomkat from a guy locally with only a few shots fired.
now i havent decided on if i should get a tribute or allegiance but i may wait for next year anyway cant say enough about the durability and qualitly of their products

Frank

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
some more bowtech love,

Had a Vtec last year thought when the modular binary's came out i thought hey lets see what all this is about.

Well now i have a black marble OG and i passed my Vtec to a archery newbie.

·
11,950 Posts
Diamond (Bowtech) Liberty shooter here. Absolutely love this bow. Looking to get a "real" Bowtech next year with the Binary cams for some kick butt speeds.

Bowtechs RULE.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought a tribute just over a week ago. So far I love it. I've never shot such a fast bow. Acording to my reloading scale, I'm shooting a 482 gr arrow (30" beman max-4 340 HIT insert, X-nock & 100gr wac'em head), acording to my chronograph I'm pushing it out at 290 fps... Which works out to 90.03 FPE. (http://www.archeryhq.com/kin.htm). Doing the math based on beman's claim to 11.2 grains/inch, and factoring in everything but the vanes (4") gets me to 470gr, so I think the scale is accurate. I'm not sure about the chrono, but I do know that the 4 pins on my sight are only about 1/2" apart (20-50 yards). I think that was the space between pins on my first bow, a Hoyt "Raider" from the early 90's.

·
Registered
548 Posts
im shooting an 04 extreme vft @ 61lbs. my arrow is a 5" feather fletched XX78 2315 with 100grain muzzys. its quiet and fast with this heavy arrow setup and i get nice pass throughs. id be happy hunting this setup the rest of my life and see no need to change it anytime soon.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'd been shooting an ill-fitting 10 year old hoyt until last year. It is a solid bow, and I killed a nice bear and a couple deer with it, but it didn't fit me, and I wanted something new. I shot all the hoyts, the switchback, the allegiance and the tribute and the constitution... and ended up buying an 05 Bowtech Liberty that had been sitting on my dealer's shelf and was priced to move.

I am LOVING this bow, and continually surprise myself at how good I am getting with it. It pulls so smooth... it's fast, and it's accurate. I can't wait for deer season.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Love my TomKat...Never shot so good until I got a Bowtech. Its smooth, small, and fast. Cant wait till the 07s come out...Anyone heard about any changes or what to expect?

·
Registered
47 Posts
All the same here, Very Fassst, Very Accurate, and Quiet. Exceeded all my expectations! All I can say is Bowtech ROCKS!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts