Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im thinking bout getting a new bow and i dont want to spend a bunch of money, im thinking on getting a tomcat, i shot one yesterday and i was very impressed with it, i want to hear some opinions on it before i go ahead and buy it, thanx

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
the Tomcat is a great bow, alot of bow for the money. I have yet to see anyone being dissappointed with it period.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
It is a really good bow, especially for the $. It has a generous brace height so it is not suited for short draw archers.

It has the binary cam system designed for the parallel limb Bowtechs, but it does not have parallel limbs, so the timing marks on the cams are way off in relation to the limb.

The only real differences from the "higher end" Bowtechs are, (1.) limb pockets are not offset. (2.) grip is rubber, not wood. (3.) limb pockets have no locking bolt/screw.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
very fine shooting bow.

just like all the other bows with binary cams in the bowtech line it is fast,quiet,smooth and accurate.

i have shot every bow that bowtech has made for the last 3 years and have been very impressed with that model. for the money i dont think you can find another bow out there that even compares to it.

heck, i own all the high end bows that bowtech makes and i still have 2 tomkats, 1 with the one cam system,05... and one with the binary cam system,06

good luck, if you buy it i know you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
buy used

My buddy bnought a Tomcat, good bow but now he wishes he would have taken the time to buy a used bow. Another friend of mine bought a year old used bow on this site and got a great deal. Saved a lot of money and got a high end bow. Check out the classifieds.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Re: Tomkat

I was going to buy the Tomkat until i shot the defender. I waited one more month and bought it for about $60 more than the Tomkat. If you are looking to buy for this season, wait until November if you can. Bowtech is releasing their 2007 bows with some new features about that time. You may be able to get the 06 Tomkat cheaper.

Good Luck and Happy shooting.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Bagow said:
My buddy bnought a Tomcat, good bow but now he wishes he would have taken the time to buy a used bow. Another friend of mine bought a year old used bow on this site and got a great deal. Saved a lot of money and got a high end bow. Check out the classifieds.

Your friend has a lifetime warranty with his new TomCat, from a great company that prides itself in providing great customer service. You just don't get any kind of warranty with a used bow. That said, I've bought used bows also but the TomCat is a VERY good deal.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I bought my Tomkat a year ago and have been very happy with it. In fact the first time I started slingin arrows with it, it surpassed my expections of what I was getting for the money. The only thing I have added to it was a Limbsaver S-coil and string loop. I love shooting it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tomkat

I have been shooting mine for 4 months and I love it. I finally got it to 70 lbs and it still smooth. I changed some of the package deal that came with the bow. I added a five pin sight with a level and the QAD hunters drop away hunters rest. I have been happy with the up grades. I use the bow for 80 percent target and 20 percent hunting.

My speed at 27 inch draw is around 280, at 70 lbs.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tomkat

F yeah brother!

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
I bought a Tomcat to try out th Bowtech line. I am not sorry I did. This is a very nice bow, and I am looking forward to hunting with it this fall.

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
The ones I've have seen shot have been pretty quite I thought.
Good bow for the $.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought a TomKat about 9 months ago and I love that little bow. It is an awesome bow for the price. I shot all the big bows this year. Tribute, Switchback Xt, Trykon and a few others. The TomKat held it's own against all the big bows. TomKat is an excellent choice.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
TomKats outsell all other bows by a 3 to 1 margin in our store.

Great bows for the $$$

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanx for the replies, yea i too liked it alot, the tomcat i shot had a wood grip on it,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pearson Passion 2

I was a trip to the Bowtech dealer from buying a Tomkat myself. For the money, it was the best bow I tested in my search for a new hunting bow. I was definitely impressed with the bow! My plan was to buy a 60# peak bow and just leave it torqued down solid. I was on a limited budget this year, so the Allegiance and Tribute were beyond reach (although I tried them for the fun of it!).

In the end, I saved a few more $$ and took a leap of faith with the Pearsons "Monofletch" is selling on this forum. It's basically a Pearson Generation II in hunting profile with split limbs instead of solids. I was looking for a "very forgiving" bow and was more comfortable with the Pearson's 36.5" ATA and 7.8" brace. So far...great decision. I have a little more noise I want to get out of the string, but it seems quick and very accurate. Monofletch has a bunch of fast, shorter bows available too. May want to give him a look before you make your final decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One week's experience

I just got an '06 Tomkat, and I've been shooting it for about 90 minutes a day for the past week. It's a fine bow, and a good package. The accessories aren't (as others have noted) compelling, but with the 3-pin sight and the whisker biscuit the bow comes ready-to-shoot, and the weaker components aren't so bad (for a novice archer) as to require immediate replacement.

It's light, it's fast enough, and I can't detect any shock or recoil. One week in I am totally pleased with the purchase.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts