Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if anyone who shoots a tribute has noticed if their cables contact one another??? mine does and i tried turning the slide over and they clear, but then i will have fletching contact... help anyone?

thanks,
russell

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cable Slide

The cables are not supposed to touch. You need to turn the slide around and then rotate your nocks so your fletchings will clear. I use a limbsaver teflon slide with blazer vanes w/ the c**k feather up and I don't have any clearance problems at all. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think that will effect my arrow flight at all?? i am using an hha fall-away rest...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Do you have a pro shop you can take it to? I don't know anything about your rest, I use a T.R. Dropzone. On my bow the up cable is in the long slot closest to the riser and the down cable(the one with the rest cord tied in it) is in the short slot closet to the string. And the cables cross each other under the cable slide and do not touch each other. You also want to time your rest so its in its full up position in the last inch and a half of your draw cycle. There is a fella on here, his name is Dave Nowlin, he has done wonders with these binary cam bows, PM him. He may be able to help you more than I can.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
You dont want the cables rubbibng together. They will wear. You will have to change your nock position to get the proper clearence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts