Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dislike and do not trust releases , plus I don't like having to rely on something I could lose or that could break. I really like my Tribute but I've read that finger shooting and compounds don't mix well. I've heard that it's easy to derail a compound finger shooting , but in drawing it back I watch the string and it never gets misaligned with the cam groove. I've shot it a few times with fingers and while not very accurate it seems to do fine. I've watched The Fitzgerald's shoot and they use bows with a lower ATA than the Tribute , I haven't felt any finger pinch and I have small hands. I currently have the bow on 70 Ibs , I used to have it on 55 but felt I wanted to bump it up. I use a finger glove and it really helps and It's not painful. So I'm just wanting your opinions on the matter

·
Registered
598 Posts
Your draw length will have a lot to do with it. If it is fairly short, the string angle won't be as bad. If you get past 28 inches or so, it may be harder to shoot well. They are not ideal finger bows, but I have seen people shoot them adequately if the draw is short. Something else that would help is shooting with only 2 fingers, index finger above and middle finger below. I have a Bowtech Pro 40 that I have shot this way for years with no problem. It is longer, but my draw is 30" on that bow.

·
The Impartial Archer
20,171 Posts
Get a Constitution. Go to the "finger shooter's" section here there is a lot of info on this.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The Tribute is an excellent bow and a great shooter. The 32" ATA will create string pinch and shaft oscillation when you try to shoot fingers, which is why most finger shooters go long ATA. It's a personal choice and we wish you well. One suggestion would be to relax the third finger once you're at full draw to reduce pinch.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts