Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot A Bowtech Tribute yesterday, all I can say is :RockOn: :banana: :usa2: :first: :rock-on: :becky: :clap2: :bounce:
I think that about says it!

G

·
maybe you could elaborate a little more than just smilies..... tell us how it shot, felt, noise, etc.

better than the ally? dare i say better than the SB?

· Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'mnot going to bash Mathews,but I shot the new Switchback, the new Hoyt Tryton and Bowtech Allegience and Tribute.
The Mathews was quiet, smooth, their was something I didn't like at the end of the shot. And besides the Mathews never seem to feel right in my hand.
The Hoyt Tryton was HEAVY and tingy.
The Alliegence felt pretty good to me but a little something on the shot.
The Tribute was so,so,so,so,so smooth on the shot just like advertised no noise, no shock, no nothing. And FAST too.

· Registered
19,468 Posts
brino said:
Has anyone else shot one?
No, but I am anxious to try the Tribute, sounds like a winner! :thumbs_up

· Registered
8,309 Posts
My dealer had a Tribute in 2 weeks ago.

He and I took turns shooting it (about 20 times apiece)

No stabilizer just a whisker biscuit and no sights.

It's kinda cool when you watch someone else shoot it. The limbs go "beyond parallel" and then recover at parallel.

Shot = Dead, Quiet, Smooth

Note: this Tribute had the Smooth Mods so I can't compare the draw to my '05 Allegiance.

Will I get one?

Probably.

When?

In the next 3 months.:thumbs_up :cool:

· Registered
378 Posts
shot one myself

I've always shot Mathews bows and think I'm in for a new bow soon. Decided I would try several other brands also. I shot the BT Tribute and the Hoyt Trykon. Nothing on them but a whisker bisket. I only shot each bow about half a dozen times but it only took the first shot to know that the Hoyt was not for me. The Tribute had a much smoother draw cycle. Hoyts seemed very stiff on the draw untlill you got past what I would call a severe rollover. The tribute was also much more dead on the shot with just a slight jump in the hand. The hoyt had a similiar jump and a definate twanging from the string or something after the shot. I've not shot a Mathews XT yet but I gaurantee the new bow won't be the Hoyt Trykon for me. It may fit others who prefer that feel in the draw but it's not for me. From what I hear I'd love to shoot one of the Ross bows but can't find a dealer near me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.