Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a Bowtech Tribute 70" @ 29.5" draw. It's a great bow but is alot noisier than my Matthews. Anyone else have any issues with the Bowtech's being noisey? What did you do to quiet the bow down without sacrificing much speed?

Regards,

Walter

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Css

I Added a sts and will be switching it with a meanv2 css but they help and don't loose any speed

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I have an STS on both of mine. Meanv's look really nice too.

They help alot. Basically it does the same thing as the mathews string suppressors. They stop the string after the shot.

rick

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the input. I really appreciate it!

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
I'm shooting one and find it very quiet. Maybe there is something loose on yours. Granted I'm not shooting the poundage you are but mine is quiet. I added a STS and found it made little difference. I still have it on but even before thought the bow was just fine.

Heavy draw weight and a lite arrow can create a little noise.

·
Registered
18,980 Posts
I have both an XT and a Tribute. Both are whisper quiet, both are as they came from the factory. My Son also shoots a Tribute, I'm always amazed how quiet it is as I watch him shoot. Hope you find the causation, sorry I don't have an answer for ya.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I put rubber car whiskers on my Tribute and my Trykon. Brought them to a super level of quietness. HCH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts