Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, if any of you have read my posts the last few days, you know I'm knew to this forum and have been out of bowhunting and shooting for several years. I'm currently shooting my old Matthews Z Light which always served me well in the past, but I've got the itch for a new bow now. I'll probably wait to see what the '07 models offer but I've been shooting a lot of bows this week to try to narrow the field down. This week I've shot SB/XT, SB, Tribute, Allegiance, Ross Cr334, and an Elite E500. The Matthews XT seemed just a little smoother but not by much. It seems to be a little slow in my draw length(27"). The Elite E500 was extremely smooth and a pure rocket. I seem to be leaning that way with Bowtech being a close second. My question is what are the major difference between the Allengiance and the Tribute? I know the Allegiance is slightly faster but I keep reading about how smooth they both are. They both felt great to me. Any replies and comments on any of these bows, particuliarly the E500 and the bowtechs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
go with what feels best to YOU!!! neither is better and both are best. sooooooo buy what fits you needs

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I'll probably wait to see what the '07 models offer but I've been shooting a lot of bows this week to try to narrow the field down.

The whole ballgame will change with the 07 lineup, you may even want to add Darton to the list of bows to shoot. If you have to have a bow now then anyone of the bows you tried would be a good choice.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
The 07 line up will be a great one, you probably wont be too interested in the 06's. Wait for them, and then pick the one that fits you the best. All the companies out these days are good, its all up to you.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
I am waiting for the '07's also. If I had to buy a bow right now it would be an E-500 for sure. It sounds like there may be some interesting things coming from Bowtech though. As usual, it may all be rumors though. If Ross gets things sped up a bit, then they will be a very serious consideration also. Don't you all love this time of year,,,,, hunting begins and the "sitting on pins & needles" waiting to see what the new bows are like sure is exciting.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, if I had to choose right now, I'd have to go with the E500 just from the expereince of the bows that I've shot this week. The E500 was an awesome combo of speed/smoothness. I'll probably wait to see what's next. As far as this time of the year goes, Yea I always liked the fact that new gear is right around the corner, but being in the hunting business my phone never stops ringing or my inbox never ceases to be full with people looking for last minute hunts. Most of my hunts are booked solid right after the 1st of the year. I don't know why people wait until the last minute to try to book a hunt....yes I do....they think if you've got anything left, you'll make them a deal. Well, any outfitter worth his salt, is long booked this time of the year except for unusual circumstances. Oh well, I'll get off my "saop box" now about last minute hunters. Thanks for the info and please feel free to send more comments.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
could you even order an e500 right now with the law suit and all?

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
By calling around to the Elite dealers listed on their site, I have been able to locate many e-500 and e-forces at this point in time...no worries on getting an 06 if someone wants to...E

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know about ordering. Dealers are telling me they don't know when or if they'll be able to get them. I do know where there is an E Force and an E500 in my DL. That's why I'm having a difficult time not pulling the trigger now, not knowing what's going to happen in the near future.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
hmmm

well me personally, I lkie the general idea that is related with elite and ther is no doubt that make a nice bow. But as you can see in my signature I shoot bowtech. I was going to get an elite energy but the wait was way too long so I bought an 06 old glory. My take right now is this, elite makes a great bow, but I WOULD RECOMMEND holding off on buying one to see how they are going to be, as in how fast are they shipping, the cam systems, and getting parts. As of right now I think I would shy away from elite to wait and see how they do with shipping and their progress, they might not be around too long and it that happens goodluck getting parts for it if the need ever arises.
As for bowtech if you like the tribute and the allegiance, they are both really good bows and you could not go wrong with eighter. It really depends on what you want to do, if you want to hunt and shoot 3-d I would go with the allegiance. Pure hunting go with eighther, but probably the tribute.

AS STATED EARLIER THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MY OPINION ONLY AND THIS POST IS NOT MENT TO BASH, JUST STATING MY OPINION AND FACTS.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, that is a concern with all that I hear about the legal situation that Elite has with Bowtech. When I shot both Bowtechs yesterday, I couldn't tell any difference in smoothness, so I'd probably go with the Allegiance for the difference in speed, although I know it probably doesn't matter that much for hunting. Being an Outfitter for 20 years has just gotten me in the mode of you can never be "over gunned". I guess that's why I opt for the extra speed. Thanks Again...Have a Great & Blessed Day.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I am not sure I would worry about who will and will not be around. Look at Enron, the big three auto makers...I think even bow tech was the result of oregon and the such. It todays day and age companies that seem strong are weak at times...we never know. I would go with what feels right. However sometimes being around longer is not always a great thing...E

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
E-force said:
I am not sure I would worry about who will and will not be around. Look at Enron, the big three auto makers...I think even bow tech was the result of oregon and the such. It todays day and age companies that seem strong are weak at times...we never know. I would go with what feels right. However sometimes being around longer is not always a great thing...E
We know that they will most likely not go anywhere, the problem is that if you want a bow within the next month they are not the ones to go with. It is going to take them some time to get bows to dealers. Bowtech just has that going for them right now, they are established and can get you bows right now. Texas outfitter, you keep saying that the allegiance is slower. If at all slower, it is only going to be a couple of fps. It has been tested on here and they really are not any slower.

·
Registered
93 Posts
matforme said:
I am waiting for the '07's also. If I had to buy a bow right now it would be an E-500 for sure. It sounds like there may be some interesting things coming from Bowtech though. As usual, it may all be rumors though. If Ross gets things sped up a bit, then they will be a very serious consideration also. Don't you all love this time of year,,,,, hunting begins and the "sitting on pins & needles" waiting to see what the new bows are like sure is exciting.
Why do you say rumors? There were going to be new elite bows Sept 1. Where are they? Was that a rumor? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I said the Allegiance is a little faster, not slower. I know there's not that much difference, but if one feels as good as the other to me, why not get the extra speed.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Oh Pu-Leeeeze

E-force said:
I am sorry...but this post makes NO sense!

Tom

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
The part that says "go with what feels right", makes perfect sense to me.

I have shot both the Bowtechs and Elites and I could easily shoot either, but I really like 36" ATA bows with a 7" brace. Those are my perfect specs for a hunting bow. I also love sideplate grips. Taking that into consideration (Old Glory v. Energy) I opted for the Energy. I am really glad I did. I have been very happy with it. Fast quiet and accurate. Either way you really can't go wrong, its REALLY tough to buy a bad bows these days.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts