Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just let me start this off right. I am not wanting to start a bashing post. Just looking for the input of Bowtech shooters or shop owners. I have shot Mathews bows for years and have had great luck with them. I have only had warranty work done twice with them and both times it was painless and quickly done. I have recently decided to buy a Bowtech. A shop close by said he doesn't carry them anymore due to warranty problems. He told me they were very slow and they always found a way to charge for the work that he thought should have been covered. I have no way to verify his claims. I have only talked on the phone with him. So I come to you guys for your input. thanks for your time and information. dcl

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Ive never had a warranty issue, but I have had to order some parts from them. They were awsome. SHipped 2day and didnt charge me for it!

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
always found a way to charge for the work that he thought should have been covered.
bowtech, mathews ,hoyt none of them charge a thing unless you wrapped your bow around a tree & send it to them to be fixed that would'nt be warranty work. the dealer has the option to charge for repairs not bowtech . if a limb breaks bow company sends dealer limbs if he charges you it's because he wanted too! bowtech did'nt tell him too.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
No company grows like Bowtech has or gets to where they are without great customer service:) Sounds like the dealer has an ax to grind for some reason.

·
Banned
2,877 Posts
i bought a used bowtech extreme vft from ebay 3 years ago..registered the bow through bowtech and told them i bought it used..they sent me a hat, sticker,and a warranty card...awesome service!!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I work at a local shop here in town that sells Bowtechs, and believe me when I say,,, They are SLOW,,, Sometimes I wished they'd be here alittle closer to Tennessee but,, I recon Pony Express only runs twice a Month,, Anyway,, As for parts... Bowtech does good by their customers usually,, Unless of course the Bow is like 10 yrs old and needs parts most Bow makers don;t even make anymore,,, I also have found their customer service people alittle less then friendly at times when issues come up,, But ,, then again,,, Their Yankees...lol,,, Kidding,,, Takeum Out!

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
here is a trick i learned with dealing with customer service and suppliers (across the board)

call on monday or tuesday if you can wait.

People are so much more friendly and likely to take care of you after they have had a weekend to rest and relax.

Think about it, if your job was to deal with customer complaints all day long, by thrusday/friday you dont care what happened and you might not be as helpful.

Now i know its not true for everyone of the customer service people but i have had more luck getting info on parts and technical questions answered when i called monday tuesday.

Just a thought, hijack over

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
bowtech warrenty

never heard of a problem with the company . ihave had problems with shop owners not wanting to deal with bows not purchesed from that paticular shop. but maybe call bowtech and complain there maybe more problems with that shop . this maybe the reason the shop no longer sells bowtech bow the might not sell to the shop

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just finished with my first warranty repair, and I'd say it was pretty painfree. As painfree as it can be to find a cracked limb on your Patriot a week before elk season opens in your state and 2 weeks before you head out of state for an elk trip. I didn't purchase my bow from the local dealer, but he still handled the repair work without any issues. He has earned my future business. It did take over a week to get new limbs for the Patriot even though I live right down the road in WA, but apparently they don't make those limbs anymore. I'm suppose to pick it up tomorrow, and then it's off to the range to check everything out before I hit the woods on Sunday afternoon. I bought mine off ebay and sent in the registration card, but I never received anything saying they got it nor a sticker/hat/etc. But I guess it was processed. The only negative thing I've heard about Bowtech(and don't bash me because I'm a new poster here) was the pro shop owner said he's had to replace a dozen limbs in the last month for Bowtech. I overheard the conversation between him and the company about my limbs and all he said when the guy answered was "I've got another cracked limb...No this one's on a Patriot". Not sure which ones are giving problems, but I hope I don't have this problem again. The timing could have been better. Like others said though, you can't grow that fast and have bad service. I'd definitely buy another one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. I think it's going to be a new allegence for me. I appreciate all the responses. dcl

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
dcl i have the worst luck when it comes to getting any warranty work. except when it came time to warranty a set of limbs from bowtech. gave my bow to dealer and had 9 days before ibo and 8 days later i was sightin the thing back in for the shoot. no. 1 in my book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts