Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for you bowtech faithfull. Lets say if you bought a 2006 bowtech allegiance from your local dealer, and after about 100-150 shots the top limb would of happened to split, what for warranty would you want to get in return? Would you not want a new set of limbs, and have your dealer conduct the service of changing the limbs out for free of charge? Or would you want to be charged for the shipping fees and the labor of replacing the limbs? Especially if you already invested approximately $2000 in the last 3 months alone to this dealer?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mathersk, sorry for the above! Hit the wrong key and it was gone! What freight? BowTech ships warranty limbs (matched pair) fast and free to their dealers. They are expected to perform the repair (I never charged for a warranty repair) but I can't say if they're REQUIRED to do the labor free of charge.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a couple more ?'s

What if the dealer told you that there would be a shipping charge of $20 and the reason being is that bowtech pays $15 to ship a set of limbs and then they charge him $15 when he recieves them? Reason being that the dealer said that they would be shipped in 2 days and it was a week later that they showed up. Also he would then explain that he would be charging an additional fee so he could pay for a helper to put the limbs on instead doing it himself? which was not mentioned until payment time. Should that not come out of the dealers pocket instead the owner of the bow? Which alot of us here know that it would only cost at most $5-$6 to ship a set of limbs anywhere in the lower 48 even with priority mail with 2-3 day shipping.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I think your dealer would need to return the limbs to Bowtech, so I would pay for that. He should probably put them on for ya.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
If I needed it right away I would pay. Then send a letter to Bowtech (followed by a phone call) explaining what your dealer did and then find a new dealer after telling him he lost a good customer

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I think you need to find a new dealer.. one that does not want to... well I better not say. I would never do business with this person if I knew who they were... At 100 shots... this is a new bow.. at the very least I would write Bowtech and complain... strongly.. and I would make sure that the dealer knew with an attitude like that he would not be getting any other business from me. I would also make sure it is all documented... and then everybody I knew would know..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Parkerbows is right, assuming that for the moment you're stuck with this dealer. Unless something has radically changed, BowTech doesn't charge a thing for warranty stuff (at least they never did to me), they just expect the dealer to return the bad parts. It could be that this dealer is not in their good graces, and it's being passed on to you.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Some things of note regarding this issue:

1. BowTech does not reimburse dealers for warrant work. In fact, no bow manufacturer does. The customer has the option of shipping the bow to BowTech, but is expected to pay shipping. It is all laid out in the warranty.

2. Most dealers will perform warranty work such as replacement of limbs, but they are not required to do so.

That said, our store's policy is to replace the limbs at no charge IF the customer purchased the bow from us. If you did not purchase the bow from us, we will replace the limbs at our normal labor rate or we will contact the manufacturer and arrange for you to send the bow to them at your expense.

Just wanted to give a point of view of an archery store.:wink:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
more

This dealer is exclussively a bowtech/diamond dealer only and stated that he would only sell these lines because he thought they(bowtech) have the best quality products and customer service. I guess there is no warranty in warranty to him though. Besides if you buy a bow for its lifetime warranty would you not expect the warranty to go to the customer instead of just the dealer?Which I think this is what he thinks, the warranty should cover him and only him!

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
100 shots and the new bow went KABOOM? I had the exact same thing happen (60 shots on mine though) and was on the phone with BowTech for a new bow on their nickel. The dealer pulled the same stunt with me and I even bought the bow from him (wish I hadn't in retrospect). This happened a few years ago (June 10, 2003 to be exact). After some heated phone calls with BT and the dealer I got a new bow overnighted to me and never stepped foot in that dealership again.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Recordkeeper said:
Some things of note regarding this issue:

1. BowTech does not reimburse dealers for warrant work. In fact, no bow manufacturer does. The customer has the option of shipping the bow to BowTech, but is expected to pay shipping. It is all laid out in the warranty.

2. Most dealers will perform warranty work such as replacement of limbs, but they are not required to do so.

That said, our store's policy is to replace the limbs at no charge IF the customer purchased the bow from us. If you did not purchase the bow from us, we will replace the limbs at our normal labor rate or we will contact the manufacturer and arrange for you to send the bow to them at your expense.

Just wanted to give a point of view of an archery store.:wink:
Bow companies should pay dealers for warranty work. If you are going to be charged by a dealer who you purchased a bow from then why bother buying from pro shops at all?
I don't feel this way because I have a good dealer, but if everyone says you need to keep archery shops in business for the service then what service?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the bow was

bought from him and it is the original owner. And while waiting to pay the dealer for the work another customer stopped in with a diamond liberty which also had a cracked limb and the dealer also stated that there would be a $20 shipping fee! Just trying to figure if the dealer is telling the truth about the shipping fees or if he is trying to make a couple of free dollars and don't think his customers know that much about the archery industry, shipping, and what a warranty means.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I would expect not to pay anything , this is what the warranty is for. but......I would offer to pay my dealer for his part in changing out the limbs, because I want him to stay in business and as an appreciation for all he has done.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
did you call bowtech?
Ask them what they think of him charging and see what they say
See here is the difference I would throw him$15 - $20 tip anyway so if he wasn't asking for it he would probably get his $20 anyway and not look like a cheapskate

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If my brand new bow (yes, i consider a new holdover as new) I would expect to pay nothing. I would offer to pay my dealer for their time, but knowing my dealer, I doubt they would ask me for any money. In fact, I damaged my cam, and the dealer tried to fix it. I did not get charged. The fix wasn't 100% and repeated shooting would have led to bad cable wear and eventual failure, so I ordered new cams... It wasn't warranty repair because I damaged the cam, but my dealer squeezed me into a very busy schedule to get my bow back to shooting good for me at what I consider a very reasonable fee... Customer service. I was actually zeroing my bow in with field points, followed by broadheads, on their range at closing time to make sure there were no problems after I walked out the door. yes, it was a bowtech, no, i didn't buy the bow at that shop either (they weren't a BT dealer when I bought the bow...) I'm a satisfied customer.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
If the bow is sent to BowTech, the customer is responsible for shipping one way. If limbs are sent to a dealer, there is no charge for shipping them. The dealer telling you there's a shipping charge for limbs is not true.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
pdq 5oh said:
If the bow is sent to BowTech, the customer is responsible for shipping one way. If limbs are sent to a dealer, there is no charge for shipping them. The dealer telling you there's a shipping charge for limbs is not true.
The dealer may be requested to send the broken limb(s) to the manufacturer. This cost is not reimbursed by any of the manufacturers. So there could well be a shipping cost involved.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts