Archery Talk Forum banner

BOWTECH WEBSITE UP! w/ 2009!!!

2120 23
Enjoy ^^
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,630 Posts
They look like sweet bows but I'm not impressed with the new target colors. I have a Firestorm Grey 101 and all the new bows will look the same as it does but with black instead of silver. Thought they might so something different like all some kind of orange or something off the wall to stand out even more.

· Registered
673 Posts
Weren't the speeds listed in the other thread supposed to be the lower end?
According to the website, 320 is actually the maximum IBO speed for the Admiral, with 312 being the minimum, which isn't particularly impressive.

· Registered
5,563 Posts
The bows look good.

The downside for me is no Constitution and the Brigadiar's specs are not as good. The 101 has been the most popular of the Airbourne's in the UK and of the 2 the only version I would have got.

Upside, love the Sentinal, I mean really love this bow and the Testarossa finish which I hated at first is still available (I was wrong). There were a lot of Testarossa finished bow it the NFAS National champs here in the UK 2 weeks ago including my Testarossa Connie.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
just curious why do they have the center track blurb on the page for the 82nd? I though this was a regular Binary???

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Weren't the speeds listed in the other thread supposed to be the lower end?
According to the website, 320 is actually the maximum IBO speed for the Admiral, with 312 being the minimum, which isn't particularly impressive.

I was thinking the same thing. With my 26" draw I'd be 272 before hunting weight arrow, loop, peep. Much slower than my 60 lb. Tribute by then. hmmm.

They look great though. Diamonds are up too.

· Registered
673 Posts
just curious why do they have the center track blurb on the page for the 82nd? I though this was a regular Binary???
Maybe you're confusing CenterTrac with CenterPrivot?

The original binaries had the two cable grooves on the same side of the cam, which resulted in cam lean; in 07, they introduced the Center Trac binaries (which placed the cable grooves on either side of the cam) on the Guardian and Commander, and in 08, all their models were upgraded to the CenterTrac design, IIRC.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
i was told by two knowledgable bowtecher's here on AT that the limbs were changed, were amazing, and that i would find out more when the info was officially released. i did not see a thing on the site. can someone tell whats different about them (if anything...)?

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*drool*

They look like sweet bows but I'm not impressed with the new target colors. I have a Firestorm Grey 101 and all the new bows will look the same as it does but with black instead of silver. Thought they might so something different like all some kind of orange or something off the wall to stand out even more.
Really??

I think the new target colors are hawt!! :D :eek:

· Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
The new Target colours really look nice! But there is no way that I'm gonna swap them for my ordered MAX 4 Captain!!

· Registered
1,931 Posts
I dont know??? :zip: If it is a flat black with a green flame, Might be able to get away with hunting with it... I have seen a chrome bow used for hunting... :zip:
Don't laugh........on an overcast day or with the light on a sunny day just right there is NOTHING stealthy or more camoflauged than that bright chrome finish. It just reflects the surroundings perfectly and the bow seems to disappear, almost invisible.
I have a picture of mine up close on a pro-pod at a 3D shoot in some fall leaves and you almost can't see it.

Of course if the sun hits it just right..........:eek: LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.