Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me out with a couple of questions.
What year was the first year for the Patriot?
Did it have the sand pockets every year?
Has there been many changes to it before this year (lowered mass weight)?
What should i expect to pay for a 2001 model?
Any input appreciated.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,444 Posts
2002, yes, and I don't know. You can get some pretty good deals on ebay on some very good condition bows. Just be patient and don't jump on the first one that comes along. What 2001 model were you thinking about? I've seem most 2001's go in the low to mid $300 range on ebay. I have a 2003 Patriot Dually I might let go for petty reasonable. The only reason I'm selling it is because I have two. It is in showroom new condition.

I forgot to add that they did make subtle changes to the balance and mass weight of the patriot between 02 and 03

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Yes the 02s had sandtrap pockets. The grip & balance were improved for 03. The strings are no longer WC but, the O2 strings are proving to be very good.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I've got an '02 Patriot single that I wouldn't sell for any price. It's dead reliable to put an arrow exactly where the pin is at the shot at any distance. The only problem is with my ability to put the pin where it needs to be:D

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info.
Is the VFT as easy to shoot and as smooth as the Patriot?

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
I'd say so. A little less brace height and no sand trap limb pockets. Faster though. The people that have them, love them.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,444 Posts
I'm trying to sell my Dually Pat to get the VFT Extreme. It is a sweet shooting bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts