Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into a new bowtech for my wife. Any thoughts on the difference between the carbon rose or the eva shockey series? Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
When my daughter was shopping for a new bow a couple years ago, she tried both. She liked the Eva Shockey bow a lot. However, the draw cycle was more aggressive than the Carbon Rose. She only pulls 38lbs, and it was harder for her to break over the cams on the Eva Shockey. In the end, we got a great deal on a Carbon Rose in camo which is what she liked. So that kind of made the decision for us. I will say that that the Carbon Rose has been a great bow for her so far. And it is noticeably faster than the Mission Menace that she had previously.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
My wife shoots an Insanity at 47# and 26". At that draw length it draws very smooth even with the mods set 1/2" shorter than the stops for increased valley. I haven't tried but feel it should be able to go down to 40#.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Main difference is that the shockey is a ODB and a lot quicker/aggressive.

Wife shot them both...tuned back at 40#...liked the carbon rose draw cycle alot better(easier). She initially chose the diamond SB1 over both the rose and shockey. ��. Well...it could be turned down to something managable!! Even at 40# they were uncomfortable for her. I wasn't going to force her into a DW that was uncomfortable!

She liked the color options of the sb1 better anyway, smooth draw cycle, and we both felt it was a better starter bow to get her draw weight dialed in.

After a year of that once we figured out she's a 35# max. I built her a sweet little barnsdale Destroyer 350. It's a screamer!!
Built top to bottom for half the cost of a shockey! And it's a nicer bow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We sell a quite a few of both of these bows at our shop. My wife tried both and went with the Eva because it offers the flip disc (aggressive and comfort setting)technology that the Carbon Rose doesn't. It all comes down to what your wife is more comfortable shooting. Both bows do well in the field whether it be 3D or hunting. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Take your wife and have her try them. My wife shot a bunch of different bows before deciding on the Eva Shockey. She shoots it on the comfort setting and loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
My wife has her Eva in the comfort setting also. Big difference in draw cycles, if she pulls one back have her try it in both settings.--BB

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I would say the shockey is going to be superior of the two. My wife shot those two and a btx at her draw weight and drawlength.... we took a btx home. The cams on the shockey are going to allow a lot more fine tuning and the ability to change the “feel”.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Biggest difference is ODB cam and the flip disc. The ODB is easy to tune and the flip disc gives you some flexibility. Although she may never take it off the comfort setting. I think it's worth looking at the btx-28 too. When I posted a similar question for my daughter, some folks suggested the Reign 6. Even at short draws, they're super easy to shoot and get good performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol, that what I am buying is the reign 6. I think it may be too much of a critical bow for her Haha

·
Catty Shack
12,410 Posts
This is just a test. Please ignore this post/thread.

Admin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts