Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions out there about the 2009 Captain or Admiral?

· Registered
1,598 Posts
I shot both. I felt like the captain was easier to draw. Both were dead in the hand with no accessories, both whisper quiet. Nice bows!

· Registered
580 Posts
I traded in my general for an admiral today. i felt that the general was had a little smoother pull but the admiral didnt have that bad lump before it cammed over. and amazingly enough it was quieter that the general. I never shot the captin more or less i like shorter bows. good luck with your choice

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
talked to pro shop owner today...

Whom opinion I trust. Keepin mind he is a dyed in the wool hoyt man. He said to me quite simply "man, these bows are just awsome!" He told me that blind folded you could not tell the diffrence in the admiral and captian. He siad the choice would simply be ata preference. But he said as many have, even more quiet than the general. One thing I asked about that was a concern for me was that on the center pivot bows I had shot, the cables were causing some clearance problems with and arrow shot cock vane up/down. He said that the new roller gaurd did not present that problem at all. So, can not wait to shoot'em!

· Registered
351 Posts
Shot'em both, got'em both... But then I'm a Bowtech dealer, and yes I'm biased, alittle, but they are definitely killers in th' hand. Takin' th' Admiral huntin' in the mornin' and th' Captain next weekend. Reports will follow. Shoot straight, and give thanks to the Lord, he gives me this day, it is mine... for alittle while.

· Registered
9,862 Posts
I shot them both today:) The Captain is noticably heavier and feels a bit top heavy in my opinion. The roller guard looks to be mounted lower near the arrow rest so as to provide clearance where you need it. It's small and short, didn't look like there was any room for a harmonic dampner:) The Captain had more clearance between the cables and the cams at full draw than did the Admiral, which looked like they came close to touching the cams. There's lots of room for fletching clearance at the arrow pass. When I get mine in, I might do some adjustment on the roller guard for better cable clearance at the cams. That Admiral was a shooter today when I took it for a test drive:tongue:

· Registered
651 Posts
I shot the admiral today. Very light bow and dead in your hand after shot with no accessaries on it. Very quiet. I am going to wait until they get the Diamond Iceman in to shoot that. Then I may trade in my 08 marquis for one, who knows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.