Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is pretty damn good if u ask me. Just got an insanity on trade this week. When it got here I noticed the small peg on the bottom mod was broke off. Looked to have broke during shipping. It was in the bottom of the box. The guy I got it from was very honest and a stand up guy. So I knew he didn't just throw it in there to make it look broke.
Anyway, I sent bowtech an email letting them know what happened.
They called me the next day to sort it out. I explained to them the bow was not originally mine, but I had an issue with my mod. Guy told me it needs to b changed for sure. It could slip without that peg in it. I then explained to them I didn't have a dealer anywhere close to me. Closest one was over 2 and a half ours away. Told me not a big deal. Would just ship me out one. Then he told me they would not charge me for it and cover shipping.
So all and all, very fast response and super friendly. Helped me out free of charge.
I've heard the stories about bad service with them, but I didn't c it. This is the second time in about 6 years I've delt with them. Other time was a limb on a tribute. Both times, super cool to deal with. Bowtech makes a great bow with great service. They will keep my business for sure!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Great to hear about their CS. It is refreshing that big companies back up their product that way and even go the extra mile. I had a similar experience with Alpine Archery a few years back. Great people too!
I am thinking of getting a BT fanatic, so I am happy to hear about their CS level.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
They screwed me and I was the original owner. How can you not have limbs for a 4 yr old bow. Never again. Maybe they've stepped up their game....but I'm done with them. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
20,644 Posts
That's about the opposite response that we get with them. I work for a big retailer of their products and we actually have their CS routinely argue with us about sending parts. Most of the time they try to blame the customer and they definitely won't send them parts directly. Hopefully they're trying to turn it around.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to hear about their CS. It is refreshing that big companies back up their product that way and even go the extra mile. I had a similar experience with Alpine Archery a few years back. Great people too!
I am thinking of getting a BT fanatic, so I am happy to hear about their CS level.
Thanks for sharing.
Yep. No problem. I honestly was a little surprised the reaction I got. I was pretty nice and very honest. So Mayb that helped a bit. Idk. But they were very cool and took extra time to explain how it may have happened and what might happen if I shoot it while the mod was broke. I thought for sure I was gonna b out some cash or a long drive to a dealer that wouldn't have what I needed anyway. Glad it didn't go that way. Al and all, I'm quite happy and just wanted others to know bowtech ain't a bad company at all.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My limbs look like hell and they won't replace them. They have lost my business.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm a Bowtech dealer and I read all the bad stuff on here about their customer service and wonder about the dealers people have to go through to get service. I have never had an issue with any service request. They have been very up front and helpful every time I have needed them. More often than not, they will go above and beyond what I would expect as a dealer, sometimes replacing parts for non-original owners, as stated above. Each and every one of the CS reps is knowledgeable and helpful. They are very prompt when shipping replacement parts. I'll have to admit, they usually don't send stuff directly to consumers and there are obvious reasons for that. That is why they have a large network of dealers across the country. They rely on those dealers to make the right call and repair bows correctly. They could not and should not send parts to everyone who owns one of their bows. That could be a recipe for disaster. In this case, the rep obviously felt comfortable that the OP could replace the mod and the logistics probably played a big part in his decision. My guess is the vast majority of the purported CS complaints are a product of inattentive dealers. There may be a few legitimate complaints, but I'd say they are the exception, not the rule. This is probably true with all bow companies, especially the larger ones that ship thousands upon thousands of bows every year. Bowtech has been growing at a rapid pace since their beginning and that would not happen with overall poor customer service.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If bowtech every sells the rights to the overdrive and another company starts making bows with this cam system, I would never own a bowtech again their CS have been bad to the point that my dealer will no longer carry them.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I'm a Bowtech dealer and I read all the bad stuff on here about their customer service and wonder about the dealers people have to go through to get service. I have never had an issue with any service request. They have been very up front and helpful every time I have needed them. More often than not, they will go above and beyond what I would expect as a dealer, sometimes replacing parts for non-original owners, as stated above. Each and every one of the CS reps is knowledgeable and helpful. They are very prompt when shipping replacement parts. I'll have to admit, they usually don't send stuff directly to consumers and there are obvious reasons for that. That is why they have a large network of dealers across the country. They rely on those dealers to make the right call and repair bows correctly. They could not and should not send parts to everyone who owns one of their bows. That could be a recipe for disaster. In this case, the rep obviously felt comfortable that the OP could replace the mod and the logistics probably played a big part in his decision. My guess is the vast majority of the purported CS complaints are a product of inattentive dealers. There may be a few legitimate complaints, but I'd say they are the exception, not the rule. This is probably true with all bow companies, especially the larger ones that ship thousands upon thousands of bows every year. Bowtech has been growing at a rapid pace since their beginning and that would not happen with overall poor customer service.
They have been great to deal with and never an issue.
Of course we rarely have any issues with their bows that would require customer service.

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
glade they took care of you . but cant figure any way that could break in shipping theres no pressure on it until you draw the bow .for something to break it in shipping it would probably have to smash the whole cam . when working on some bows I have seen that snapped off and the shooter never notices it unless the mod slips .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts