Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I will confess, i am a bow addict. I am not ashamed. I am no ones "fanboy". I like them all to a point. This season i purchased a 60lb Bowtech assassin after alot of research and test shooting. I have this bow set up for hunting but i also shoot a local indoor spot shoot once a week. I shoot the hunter class and usually do pretty well. Last week the bug hit me and my addiction hit me again, i wanted a new bow. I drove to every local bowshop within 100 miles, shot every bow i could find. Z7, extreme, hoyt element, elites full line up, diamonds, more bowtechs. In the end i found no other bow that exvelled above the assassin with enough margin to justify buying it. Thank you bowtech for what you offer. For the record, the second in line was a bowtech destroyer 340.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i am not brand loyal . when someone asks about my bow and if they should buy one,i tell them to go shoot all the bows they can.you might find something special for you. i myself bought the invasion this year.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Don't understand the title, I know people feel that way but I was expecting you to have a problem with that title.
Assasin is the best value out there

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I told a guy the other day that it would be awful hard to find a "bad" bow these days. Even some of the ones hanging up in the big box stores are great bows.

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
I told a guy the other day that it would be awful hard to find a "bad" bow these days. Even some of the ones hanging up in the big box stores are great bows.
I can agree with this. It would be possible to have a successful hunt with just about anything hanging in the store.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The assassin is a awesome bow for the price...sure be nice if you could buy the bow alone and add some better accessories.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The very first thing i did was change the accessories. Im sorry if the title threw anyone off. Bowtech in my opinion gets a bad rap as a whole. This is my 3rd bowtech product and I feel better about them now than ever. The price of the assassin had absolutely nothing to do with my purchase. However, @ 599, its cheaper than any other" top 5 " bare bow. Thanks again Bowtech !

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
I am not a Bowtech dealer, but I must agree that they have a great lineup. The Invasion, Destroyers, and Assasin are fabulous bows.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I think, and this is just me personally, that some bows get bad raps because the are associated w/ certain people. I'm NO fan boy, I've shot and owned quite a few from different manufacterers, most are 2nd. hand as where I live, there is not much of a selection. I don't ever expect a bow to shoot lights out when I get it or even close to being tuned but so far all but one bow has been great. Some bow's require more shooting time to get what I want out of it but most only take a day or 2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts