Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody spent any time experimenting with different brace heights yet, or are folks still pretty much shooting it like it was delivered?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I found that between 8 1/4 and 8 1/2 inches is the sweet spot. When ever it changed I could feel and tell the difference. It took quite some time to get there. I thought that string would never stop stretching.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I am making my own continous strings now and started at 56 inches and got 8 inches brace height with it. I built a 56 1/4 inch this morning and this gave me 7 3/4 inch brace height on the jag. So I tried out three strings this morning. Factory string 7 inch brace, my two strings, 7 3/4 and 8 inch.
8 inch brace works best for my Jag. If you look at the recurve tips at rest, 8 inches is about max, any more and the recurve starts coming out of the limb. I know that's not an issue for some people but I like to take full advantage of the recurve design.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am making my own continous strings now and started at 56 inches and got 8 inches brace height with it. I built a 56 1/4 inch this morning and this gave me 7 3/4 inch brace height on the jag
What material were you using?

I'm making up a few out of 8125 to see how they perform and test for nock fit... Right now it look like 14 strands of 8125 with .019 Halo is going to be the magic combination....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts