Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is brace height? The FAQ on QAD website talks about what to do if your brace height is less than 7 inches. I'm trying to eliminate my vanes hitting my fall away rest.

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
What is brace height? The FAQ on QAD website talks about what to do if your brace height is less than 7 inches. I'm trying to eliminate my vanes hitting my fall away rest.
Distance from the back of your grip where the ball of your thumb sits to the string.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Brace height is the measured distance from top of grip to the string,brace height determines how much contact your arrow may have with your rest upon release,also it is said that longer brace heights offer a lil more stability for the shooter,and shorter brace height is less forgiving and requires a more expierienced shooter,what is your brace height and what bow do you shoot?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Brace height is the measured distance from top of grip to the string,brace height determines how much contact your arrow may have with your rest upon release,also it is said that longer brace heights offer a lil more stability for the shooter,and shorter brace height is less forgiving and requires a more expierienced shooter,what is your brace height and what bow do you shoot?and also what rest do you use?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Brace Height is the distace from the deepest part of the grip to the string at rest. The shorter the BH, the longer the string will travel from full draw and thus the faster your arrow will fly. The draw back is that bows with a shorter BH will be less forgiving, that is any errors in your shooting form, such as torquing the grip on the shot, will be more noticable. Most bows today have a 7" BH. That's a good comprimise between speed and forgivness. If you want to know more, try this link:
http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowselection.htm

Hope this helps!! -Chris

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Also brace height determines how much contact your arrow will have with the rest upon release,if you are having vane probs maybe its a tuning issue,what rest do you use and what bow? Are you using a fall away rest or a drop away rest!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts