Genesis 21:20
22,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoyt Epik "Grand Prix"

Replacement for the GMX

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Very interesting indeed! I could imagine using a backup bow to keep it broken in or using a practice bow for training, but at his level that makes no sense. His sponsors would give him as many copies of whatever he wants (or what they want to show off).

I wonder when Hoyt might give up on Formula. It is too much product differentiation and reduces the size of their market due to the lack of interchangeability. I also wonder if mechanically the fitting yields much benefit over ILF. Kudos to Hoyt for trying, though - there is no innovation and product advancement unless you try stuff, and trying stuff means that sometimes it won't pan out.

One thing I dislike in the current Hoyt marketing, though, is the goofy intentional mis-spelling of product names. It looks like a mistake to me, so I wonder what else they got wrong in the product and avoid it. It sends the wrong message for a company that positions itself as a top-tier manufacturer. It makes more sense for a cheap hillbilly knock-off to be named like that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good Marketing - win in Sunday (Saturday in this case) sell on Monday. Lets see if the sales numbers of EPIK GP go up this week!!

·
Field Fanatic
448 Posts
I still am a ILF fan. So is my Closet to many to change now.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Or perhaps he is just tinkering with different gear 3 years out from an Olympic year to get an understanding of it. If nothing more it would allow him to better answer questions he might get on that riser, limb combo from fans etc.

·
Registered
169 Posts
real question is, whats the last time brady wrapped his grip in the tennis grip like that?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Or perhaps he is just tinkering with different gear 3 years out from an Olympic year to get an understanding of it. If nothing more it would allow him to better answer questions he might get on that riser, limb combo from fans etc.
this is what it is pretty much, he is just playing with that setup so he can better answer questions from people asking about it. it was posted on another picture of his shooting that bow on instagram i beleive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The reason Brady shot the Ilf is because his main bow was damaged in an accident of some kind and he had the Ilf in his bag and tuned so he shot it.

source: Brady Ellison

1 - 20 of 87 Posts