Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our first night of Compound League last night. Had enough people to split into 6 teams. The indoor range was very well setup with a bunch of x-mas trees set between the line and the targets to disrupt your depth perception. The African Lion, Black Buck and Leoperd made their debut. Several of the shot setups were very tough shots, the Raccoon was set at about 24 yards with the top of a X-mas tree and a bush on the mount to give the shooters fits. I missed it all together on the first round. The Standing Bear was set for the 1st station cross corner for the longest shot form a dimly lit corner. The Fox was another adventure in frustration, you had to lean out a bit from the station to clear the trees. Station 4 had a little bonus target for those who like to gamble, the "Bionic Buck" was an option if you wanted to drop your lowest score for that station and gain a 40 point bonus. The catch was, this target is made of steel plate with an approx. 8" cutout in the vitals. Hit the cutout and you got the points, miss and you lose the lowest of the 3 targets for that station and you shatter your arrow on the steel. 2 tried it last night with 50% success. Boy those carbons explode well!!

All in all we had a great time. Everyone enjoyed the layout and format. And Jim and Danny were great hosts. The league shoots every Tuesday night with Traditional starting next Monday and that night every week. If you would like to join us send me a PM and I'll get you the directions and phone numbers to call. Can't wait till next week, gotta get my pins set right.

btw, I scored 275 out of 36 targets. Not bad considering I havent shot a "wheelie" bow for several years and this bow for less than a week!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll post pics if anyone wants to see them.

·
74,535 Posts
Heck yes we want to see them

RLBadKarma said:
I'll post pics if anyone wants to see them.
Sounds like a great place to shoot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I will get those up tomm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the pics. Sorry took so long.

Here's the course from the line.

One of the modern shooters.

And a couple from the Trad League we had last night. A couple of the Black Widow guys showed up with some youngsters. The future is well covered as you can see by these guys!!

I'll try and get better pics next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts