Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I zeroed my field points, when I put my broadheads on they are hiting low to the right. I have no idea why this is happening. My bow has been paper tune and is right on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Yes...

If you're right handed the arrow spine is weak... Or you have mechanical problems.. First take 2 full turns off each limb bolt and see if it helps...

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Tune your bow to your broadheads,,, Seems they never shoot the same as field points, Just close to the same,,, Happy hunting,,,

·
Registered
215 Posts
In a previous reply Javi says "if you are right handed", why would this make a difference.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Download the Easton Tuning Guide. You will have to lower you nock point or raise your rest to get them even in elevation. Then you will have to resight. I hope, you have a gang adjustment. The broadheads will come up faster than the field points do.

Paper tuning is only a beginning for proper tuning. I would then do a walk back and make sure you center shot is set. Then if the broadheads are still not shooting with the field points, I would consider working with the poundage of the bow.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Northernbuddy said:
I zeroed my field points, when I put my broadheads on they are hiting low to the right. I have no idea why this is happening. My bow has been paper tune and is right on. Any ideas?

I bet if you were to shoot an unfletched arrow through paper at 6' and 12' you would see the arrows are tail high and left. Assuming you are shooting a release you need to lower the nocking point or raise the rest then move the rest to the right to correct the left "kick" and bring broadheads and field points together. You will have to adjust the sights when complete but they should hit together at that point. If rest position is not the reason for the kick you will need to isolate the problem. Paper tuning as described above is a good method for finding form and/or contact issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts