Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to replace the standard rail on my Bravo Zulu with the shorter Scout rail. (Ordered but not received yet)

I've removed the screws (2) that attach the rail to the rear portion of the butt stock; but, I can't get the rail to pull off.

Either is is an incredibly tight fit or there might be some unseen oxidation in the joint (but that is doubtful)

So, do I tap it with a rubber mallet or secure the rail to my workbench, sandwiched between heavy rubber matting and wood, and then work it off?

I'm also that maybe I should remove the scope before any of this to protect it from unnecessary shock?

Anyone know if the rail is keyed in place or is it just a well made fit?

For now I've soaked the joint lightly in "break free" and I'm being patient before adding any force.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After two days of adding a little "Break Free" around the seams, it was still stuck.

This morning I sent an email to Kodabow asking for advice?

Just a few hours latter I get advice directly from Chuck Matasic (owner/founder).

Unbelievable customer service!!!

Told to: "Hit the rail with a rubber hammer at the front end and lever it out a bit to get it moving ....then go upright, foot in the stirrup and pull up on the trigger group. Don't use any metal tools."

Followed his instructions to the letter and had the rail removed in just a couple of minutes. No damage, no marks!

Incredible company.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced the stock rail with the shorter Scout rail and started sighting in the scope with the now slower arrow speed.

Adjusted the scope at 20 yds and then moved out to 40 yds.

Third shot at 40 yds did this to one of my arrows!

65A8416D-C09B-4C8D-BDEA-17D0C4DE288C.jpg

Perfect hit square on the second arrow.

Incredible accuracy even with the reduced arrow speed!

No more aiming at the same spot for me.....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Replaced the stock rail with the shorter Scout rail and started sighting in the scope with the now slower arrow speed.

Adjusted the scope at 20 yds and then moved out to 40 yds.

Third shot at 40 yds did this to one of my arrows!

View attachment 7190919

Perfect hit square on the second arrow.

Incredible accuracy even with the reduced arrow speed!

No more aiming at the same spot for me.....
They are accurate aren't they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts