Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 1, 2010: The Associated Press has learned that today, during an apparent Field Archery Extravaganza at Durham County Wildlife Club in Durham, NC, a male archer named Tim Eaton has died from over consumption of ice cream. It appears the archer had just shot his best half round ever, was having some lunch in celebration, and took everyone up on a promise to consume all 12 gallons of ice cream himself. He was, just minutes before his passing, honored with the first ever DCWC Extravaganza ice cream award by DCWC head Jarlicker. Pictures wired to the Associated Press from the site appear to support these unusual and surprising claims.

Donations in his honor are to be made to the Yadkinville, NC MOO-tel, which the deceased constructed. He is survived by friends from DCWC, and in memory of his sudden passing today, they reportedly all went back out and continued shooting while promising to put all empty ice cream buckets in his casket during a private funeral whose further details have yet to be released pending notification of family.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple of pictures from after the deceased was removed from the property.

:D:D:D

This one may have contributed to a weakened state of health and ultimately led to his passing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
At least he died doing what he liked best: archery and ice cream:RockOn:

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the ice cream part is right anyway. :D

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Poor Treaton - guess this explains why he didn't make it back on Sunday. :sad:

But one thing the AP didn't report was just how close we came to having another ice cream tragedy. I was the lake Sat. afternoon with Prag Jr and her guest. Across the lake I see Ron Meadows all alone and without his bow. Decided I had to catch up with him and find out what was happening. We might can expect him to lobby DCWC for "porta-johns" at every other target. :set1_rolf2:

Glad everyone enjoyed the ice cream!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Alas poor Tim...I knew him well Horatio...

You guys need to stop using photobucket...I can't see pictures from there until I get home...

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alas poor Tim...I knew him well Horatio...

You guys need to stop using photobucket...I can't see pictures from there until I get home...
Well, at work you shouldn't be browsing Archery Talk anyway. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
All I'm going to say is avoid the Golden Corral on 55.....they put evil stuff in their food!!!!

Poor Treaton - guess this explains why he didn't make it back on Sunday. :sad:

But one thing the AP didn't report was just how close we came to having another ice cream tragedy. I was the lake Sat. afternoon with Prag Jr and her guest. Across the lake I see Ron Meadows all alone and without his bow. Decided I had to catch up with him and find out what was happening. We might can expect him to lobby DCWC for "porta-johns" at every other target. :set1_rolf2:

Glad everyone enjoyed the ice cream!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All I'm going to say is avoid the Golden Corral on 55.....they put evil stuff in their food!!!!
Jarlicker special requested them to do that for you. But now that I think about it, he may have contributed first hand. Didn't you partake of some of his grill works ?

:D

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Jarlicker special requested them to do that for you. But now that I think about it, he may have contributed first hand. Didn't you partake of some of his grill works ?

:D
It might have a lot more to do with "quantity" vs "quality". Ron is a growing boy and needs lots of nutrition. :shade: J/K buddy - good to see you again this weekend and glad to know you guys made it home safely.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Way to go:
"psargeant"
Keep up the glorious and much needed SOPHISTICATION !!:set1_applaud::set1_applaud::set1_applaud:
I bet they still don't get it:wink::secret:

i did think the AP article was well written though...

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
I bet they still don't get it:wink::secret:
Wanna bet

Oh wait - you can't see the pix I just posted. If it helps you any, the name of the pix is "yorick.jpg"

BTW: The word "well" is not part of the original text.

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it
:eek2:. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft
:kiss::eek3::eek3::eek3:. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that.

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
OMG !!! LOL!
Keep it comin' - don't stop now !
Substitute "ice cream" for "water"

Give me leave. Here lies the water—good. Here
stands the man—good. If the man go to this water and
drown himself, it is, will he, nill he, he goes. Mark you that.
But if the water come to him and drown him, he drowns not
himself. Argal, he that is not guilty of his own death shortens
not his own life.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Impressive prag...

You know how to work a search engine...:behindsof:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts