Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put a Brite Site Pro Tuner rest on my Katera xl. I am a little confused as to which rest to purchase. At Lancaster they have listed the Brite Site Pro Tuner rest " the original rest " and I am wondering if this rest will fit a Hoyt. I am confused because the Brite Site website has different mounts for various bow models but I don't see this option on Lancaster's website. The other question I have is I shoot arrows anywhere from 310-415 grains and am wondering which launcher blade people would recommend. Thanks in advance for your input, I appreciate it!

· Registered
8,034 Posts
There is also a new extended Hoyt mount that is designed for the bridged risers. I can't remember who makes it, I think it's Jesse Broadwater but maybe Jesse will see this and let me know if I am wrong.

There are several guys at our local Pro shop that are using it and it is VERY solid!! You can also buy the rests directly from Mike on the Brite-site website.:teeth:

· Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, looks like I will have to purchase directly from the Brite Site website. I am glad to hear that the rests are solid and people enjoy them.

· Registered
34,433 Posts
There is also a new extended Hoyt mount that is designed for the bridged risers. I can't remember who makes it, I think it's Jesse Broadwater but maybe Jesse will see this and let me know if I am wrong.

There are several guys at our local Pro shop that are using it and it is VERY solid!! You can also buy the rests directly from Mike on the Brite-site website.:teeth:
Jesse is in Poland so more then likely he will have a rest before Jesse sees this :wink:

But you don't need a Hoyt mount....the riser isn't cut like it used to be when the Tuner Hoyt mount was first made....the riser isn't cut out right there anymore.

· Registered
8,034 Posts
Thanks Darrell. I forgot about that!! If you have a choice of mounts, I would get the new Vertical Mount! It allows you to move the rest up and down without affecting the blade angle. This is a nice feature!! :thumbs_up

Jesse is in Poland so more then likely he will have a rest before Jesse sees this :wink:

But you don't need a Hoyt mount....the riser isn't cut like it used to be when the Tuner Hoyt mount was first made....the riser isn't cut out right there anymore.

· Registered
2,052 Posts
Darrel,

It isn't that the riser is still machined to accept the special mount. Getting to the thumb knob can be a pain on the TEC riser with the standard mount. The Hoyt mount solves that issue.......

· Registered
34,433 Posts
Darrel,

It isn't that the riser is still machined to accept the special mount. Getting to the thumb knob can be a pain on the TEC riser with the standard mount. The Hoyt mount solves that issue.......
VERY TRUE on the little knob :wink:

I changed my knobs though so I forgot about that....I also have a couple short mounts. :wink:

· Registered
8,034 Posts
The new solid mount I was talking about puts the adjustments behind the bridge. So it's a SLIGHT overdraw? It does put the launcher tip directly over the pivot point of the grip as well. The side plate is a solid piece of metal and is built like a tank!

· Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nevadapro, I don't see the new vertical mount on their website that you are talking about and I am wondering if it has a different name. Changing the height of my rest without affecting blade angle sounds like something that I would be very interested in. I did however see the side mount plate for the hoyt on the website and it looks like a large would have a lot of options for the placement of the rest. Any other info that you can give me would be great as I didn't realize there were so many options until I made this post.

· Registered
720 Posts
Brite Site Pro Tuner

I just received one from Lancaster for my Hoyt Ultra Elite...It don't fit at all !!! Wish I had read this thread first....Do these rests work on a Ultra Elite..??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.