Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an 05 ultratec this year and was checking the broadhead flight. terrible. so i thought maybe its a little out of tune. so downstairs i go and start paper tuning. back and forth. always ended up highleft tear. ultralight 400 gold tip, 72 pounds, 28' arrow. i think the spine is too light. turned the bow down to 63 pounds, and shot three perfect bullet holes. is it the spine? i'm attempting to shoot magnus stingers and thunderhead 125's.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i would have to say they are too waek in the spine, if turning the bow down fixed the problem. just to be sure, make sure you don't have any clearence problems. i have found that for broadheads a stiffer arrow is better than a weak one.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i can see the problem with the thunderheads but the stingers did you try them with the two blade instead of shooting them witht he bleeder blade in it??
also not sure which rest or what your center shot is set at but that is a couple of things to check and double check as well. what kind of fletching you using and that should put yo right in there for your grains per but again most time a heavier arrow when fletched and that is usually with a 4" fletching either vanes or feathers the blazers make a good style of fletching unless your shooting a fall away and then i would highly recommend the turbo nocks
rob k

1 - 3 of 3 Posts