Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new bow and am trying to decide what weight broadhead to use. I want to try the Muzzy. I am shooting a Cybertec at 63#, GT5575 at 28 1/2 ". I know I may have to experiment but am looking for a good a starting point. I shot a couple of 125 Tunderheads. And while they shot ok It looked as if the arrow was flexing as it went down range.

·
Registered
285 Posts
With your setup I'd probably shoot a 100 grain head. There are a bunch of heads from all manufacturers in 100 grain.

The 100 grain Muzzy 4 blade has flown well for me.

Hope that helps.

Ray C.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I shoot nearly the same poundage as you.. cept a differnt bow (martin tracer mag) same arrows. but go to the thunder head 100's they are a nasty SOB.. or go and get some snuffers !

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I pick the head I want to shoot and tune for that weight. A good starting point is 100 grns. tune your bow for them and see how your broadhead of choice flys. Most often you can get either weight to shoot well with most setups if you take the time to tune you bow to that arrow/tip wieght combination. That said more often than not one will shoot at least a little better than the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts