Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked for my awnser but i didnt find one. I was wondering what is the best shooting fixed blade broadhead? Im not a very picky shooter i dont need to have 2 inch groups at 20 or 30 yards. If i can hit a dot on the block target that is good enough for me. I want a broadhead for whitetails from the ground blind and will still shoot close to my field points and spitfires. What are your suggestions. I would like to get slick tricks but it seems everyone else wants them too and i only have about 1 week till bowhunting open and would like to have them by then. Satelites, Muzzys, somethin along those lines, What are your opinions?

·
Registered
2007 Bowtech Equalizer, 2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32
974 Posts
NAP Nitron would be another alternative to the Slick Tricks.

Scott

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i'll take a look at those, i like the satelite boraheads those type but how do they fly?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i would either see about getting muzzy's or thunderheads, i have used the muzzy's but am switching to the thunderheads for this years season.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i Have the thunderheads and cnositently am shooting low and too the left, I want something that shoots like my field points and my spitfires, so i dont have to tune my bow for one specific thing.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
the g5 montecs will fly true to your field tips. For the money I use cabelas lazer pro mags. For me they fly just as good as the montecs.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have six Terminator Hunter 4560 on my quiver. Three has the wasp hammer sst 100 grains and 3 has the Gold Tip Centurion 100 grains. They are both easy to tune and work well for me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Most of the coc 3 blade heads will fly good. SS snuffer or razorcap would be my choice. The montec has soft steel and does not hold an edge as well. Slick tricks are in my quiver, but a bit hard to find right now....

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Barrie Rocky Mountain Turbo
Magnus Stinger
Wasp Boss Bullet
G5 Montec

That's enough to choose from with the Wasp being the best overall in value (IMO) due to it's impressive penetration potential,life time warranty , ease of resharpening and flight quality beyond the norm :)

My Second choice would be the Turbo for flight and cutting area alone.
The flight is just out of this world for a fixed multi blade.

The wasp has good flight out to a distance and super penetration

The Montec have good flight as well and will blow a barn door through bone without damage to the head if you have the K.E. to do the job.:wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I use the 125 G5 Montec, they are strong, fly great and are easily resharpened. They are in most pro shops so they are easy to locate and usually don't have to wait to get them in the mail. i know there is alot of talk about them not being sharp but I'll tell you they leave tremendous blood trails and are a nononsense B.H. with no moving parts. Good luck with your choice
I also shoot German Kinetics, another outstanding broadhead if you don't mind spending the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts