Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to archery for this season. I was told by someone that I need to allign my broadhead points with my fletching in order for the arrow to fly right. Is this so or does it matter where my broadheads are alligned as long as they are tight? Also, what is everyone's favorite broadheads?

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
No need to.

Before epoxy glue and when I was using hot melt you could. I was anal and did just because they all would be lined up the same just in case it helped.

·
74,535 Posts
My thoughts

If tip of broadhead is not perfectly align you wont get good flight. Sqaure the aluminum insert flat on the end. Often its not the broadhead but the insert.

The Montec G5 squaring tool really works great for sqauring inserts.

Wasp SST Broadheads work well

Montecs are good heads. Have to re sharpen them

Im shooting the Grim Reapers this year.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Slicktricks and sonics fly very well for me. Haven't seen what kind of damage they do yet.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
align em...i just switched from mech to g5 strikers and they were all over the place. i bought those little black washers and lined em up with the vanes and they fly like the FT. just my .02

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
This only works on aluminum arrows that use hot glue...If you are shooting carbons with epoxy then it's nearly impossible...The main concern is that the insert are all inserted the same...Use a good proshop to buy your arrows from and you should be set...

Shoot Muzzy's myself, but any b-head will kill a deer...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
heavyarrow said:
Aligning blades to the fletchings means absolutely NOTHING. It's a wives tale.
YEP but do check insert /broadhead alignment. Make a spin tester board works wonders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts