Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just bought a Creed today and love the hell out of it, 4 shots at the shop and had a perfect bullet hole through the paper. However, when I draw back with my broadheads (Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain) the blade on the head will hit the riser. Switch broadheads or move the rest (Ripcord Code Red) over? Any input and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bith are 29. Which I know doesn't make a bit of sense but they looked good on the rest at the shop. And now that I look at it closer the rest looks like its in a bit much. What gets to me is I was shooting a bullet hole at the shop and now I'm wondering whether to mess with it or not.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Check if the arrow lines up with the Berger hole. Without seeing a picture, sounds like your rest and nock are to low. If your broadhead are touching the shelf. I don't know how your not getting fletching contact, and if not its awfully close I bet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I like to have my arrows cut so the BH is in front of my hand. Mark the rest and then ajust it and see what happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The broadhead doesn't hit the shelf it hits the riser. Its not even close to touching the shelf but when I pull back the blade will hit the riser. I'm right handed if that helps.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I had this problem when I started shooting ramcats because of the way the blades angle back.... Longer arrows fixed it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any way to fix it without buying a whole new set of arrows? I appreciate all the advice just kind of frustrating when you get a whole new set up and everything is on the money except for the damn broadhead.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like center shot is not set correctly. Quick way to to get a general idea of center shot is to lay a arrow on the riser and nock another arrow with the rest pulled so it is in the drawn position. Now look at the gap between the two arrows. If they are not the same from rest to tip going away from the string, then center shot is not even close. If this is the case you have problems elsewhere. I would suspect cam/idler lean.

·
Registered
546 Posts
what are the arrows? perhaps try and sell them and pick up a longer arrow?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If muzzys are hitting your riser I doubt your centershot is right. A bullet hole through paper doesn't mean anything if its not done from multiple distances. I would broadhead tune you bow to get everything set correctly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If muzzys are hitting your riser I doubt your centershot is right. A bullet hole through paper doesn't mean anything if its not done from multiple distances. I would broadhead tune you bow to get everything set correctly.
My exact thinking. I don't know what center shot is on the creed but I bet its not less then 3/4 inch and even that seems closer to the riser.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll try broadhead tuning too. Maybe I panicked a bit the bow has like 5 shots on it but for that kind of money you'd expect the shop to set it up right. Thanks again everyone I appreciate it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can never trust "said" pro shop work will be. There are some good ones out there, then there are the ones to just get a customer out of the door. The creed has yokes so that's how you will tune it if there is lean. Pm me if you have questions.

If you just broadhead tune a bow when lean, nock, or rest is not perfect; you will be robbing the bow of minimal energy and chances are your field points won't hit the same. Some get lucky and it works out. I am a person who likes to tinker and get things perfect.

Best of luck.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
Thanks everyone I'll try the arrow on the riser and rest. Also what's the deal if its cam lean?
I would bet your idler isn't adjusted straight at full draw. Bow will need to be pressed to adjust twists in slit yoke on buss cable.
It's still possible to shoot good through paper when your idler wheel is off. Your bow sounds like it is tuned too far to the inside of the riser.
Have your shop tune the rest/bow with the idler straight at full draw. You will then have plenty of clearance to shoot most all broadheads!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts