Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna see some of the damage done(entry and exit wounds) done of some of the game you have killed this year. List what broadhead used and whatever else you want. Lets see if this will last through the whole season!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,545 Posts
Here's the results of a Thunderhead 100 that i put through a young buck yesterday afternoon. It was the first day of the season for me and was a good one. The buck was quartering slightly to me at 12yds. The shot entered behind the shoulder and exited low on the opposite side and he fell within sight. He ran about 20yds after the shot, stopped and looked around a second or two, did a brief rain dance then fell dead. No tracking needed but a blind man could have followed the trail. Reminded me as to why i've been shooting Thunderheads for 16yrs. :wink:

Entry hole


Exit hole


Thunderhead went about 8" into the ground after it passed through.


This is the other end, those were white feathers. :D


Here's the buck. Definately not a wallhanger but should be some good eating come Saturday. :)
 

·
Colorado ELk Hunter
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
Elk shot with Silver Flame 100s

I shot this guy at 50 yards. No damage to the arrow or BH. Just need to resharpen a bit. I dont have a pic of the BH but will get one soon. Here is the entry and full pic of elk. Elk went about 125 yards and bled out.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,058 Posts
YA GOT TO ASK THIS QUESTIONS EARLIER THAN 6 DAYS AFTER MY ANIMAL IS SHOT, SKINED, AND NOW CUT UP.:zip: :wink:

As me next year, my season is over.:cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I changed bullets this year going w/G5 and blazer vanes from 65# Hoyt Ultratec. Shot completely thru front onside shoulder and out low behind offside shoulder of approx 200# Boar hog Fri 9/8 in east TX. The G5 is still almost sharp to use again w/no nicks! I will for sure use them this season!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice elk geriggs :) :)

any others???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any others....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Archersteve said:
YA GOT TO ASK THIS QUESTIONS EARLIER THAN 6 DAYS AFTER MY ANIMAL IS SHOT, SKINED, AND NOW CUT UP.:zip: :wink:

As me next year, my season is over.:cry:
How can your season be over!?!? That blows! My season hasnt started yet, Saturday is the opening of Urban Archery (does only), Oct. 7th starts regular archery and will run thru february. I will probably take 10-12 deer this year, up to five of those will be bucks. Are you only allowed one deer?

I couldnt survive like that, I live for the hunting season, if it was over that quick I dont know what I would do with myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wheres leesville at (buzzkill)?? is it near roanoke?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
988 Posts
I think this thread is an awsome idea!

I love to see how different broadheads perform on different game.

This thread should be "stickied" so it stays at the top.

BTG19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice bears!!!! any other people taken anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,058 Posts
Buzzkill said:
How can your season be over!?!? That blows! My season hasnt started yet, Saturday is the opening of Urban Archery (does only), Oct. 7th starts regular archery and will run thru february. I will probably take 10-12 deer this year, up to five of those will be bucks. Are you only allowed one deer?

I couldnt survive like that, I live for the hunting season, if it was over that quick I dont know what I would do with myself!
You are rubbing salt into my open wounds you know.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Out west, we usually get a permit for one, yes one, deer. I can hunt Bear, but we cannot bait and in our climate and country, bear are common, but impossible to pattern. I passed up one that came under my Tree Stand (too hot to take care of it in time), but that happens only once in every two or three years. As for Elk, well hunting in Washington State for Elk is something best done by Bears, Cougars, and Poachers, because real hunters are given rules that have convinced me that the State will not get my money (spike bull elk only for most bow areas).

10 to 12 deer a year? I could not eat that many, but I'd sure try.:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
brandon78 said:
wheres leesville at (buzzkill)?? is it near roanoke?
Leesburg, is in Northern VA, in the Washington DC metro area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
488 Posts
Archersteve said:
You are rubbing salt into my open wounds you know.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Out west, we usually get a permit for one, yes one, deer. I can hunt Bear, but we cannot bait and in our climate and country, bear are common, but impossible to pattern. I passed up one that came under my Tree Stand (too hot to take care of it in time), but that happens only once in every two or three years. As for Elk, well hunting in Washington State for Elk is something best done by Bears, Cougars, and Poachers, because real hunters are given rules that have convinced me that the State will not get my money (spike bull elk only for most bow areas).

10 to 12 deer a year? I could not eat that many, but I'd sure try.:wink:

Sorry man, I wasnt trying to rub salt in your wound...The basic VA hunting permit comes with 6 deer tags, 3 either sex, 3 doe and you can buy unlimited additional doe permits. I also hunt on a kill permit for a vineyard, I can kill up to 50 does on that permit. This year I am going to a farm in MO with my boss. They have some bruisers out there so I am very excited, my archery tag will cover 1 buck, one doe and my rifle tag is for 1 buck. The VA whitetails are pretty small, average about 100lbs I think and I have 4 kids so we can finish off 10-12 deer easy!
 
1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Top