Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions would be great. I've got a brand new bowtech that is throwing 1-2" groups with field points out to 30 yards. I shoot my broad heads (new thunder head xp's on axis 500's) and I'm high and left every time. I can actually see the arrow change course at the end of it's flight. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If you are shooting an arrow with 3 vanes, and a broadhead with 3 blades, try to line up the blades with the fletchings, and if you cannot move the broadhead anymore, go to your local hardware store and put and O-ring on the broadhead, it can move more freely yet stay tight. Just try to even things up.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Sounds like you need to move your rest to the right just a tad and raise your nocking point/lower your rest a tad and try again.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
sagecreek said:
Sounds like you need to move your rest to the right just a tad and raise your nocking point/lower your rest a tad and try again.

Does a tad = about 1/32" at a time?:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
22jdub said:
Any suggestions would be great. I've got a brand new bowtech that is throwing 1-2" groups with field points out to 30 yards. I shoot my broad heads (new thunder head xp's on axis 500's) and I'm high and left every time. I can actually see the arrow change course at the end of it's flight. Any ideas?
Broadheads will impact opposite arrow kick because that is the direction the blades are exposed to the wind. So you adjust just as you would when paper tuning and you have a tear opposite the broadhead group, i.e. high left is an indication of a low right kick or low right paper tear.

Release shooter:
Move the rest to the left and nocking point up.

Finger shooter:
Move the rest to the right and nocking point up.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
words from another site...

if broadhead arrows are high. raise nock point.
if broadhead arrows are low. lower nock point.
if broadhead arrows are left. increase bow poundage or increase broadhead weight or move rest over in tiny increments toward the right. (stiff arrow)
if broadhead arows are right. decrease bow poundage or decrease broadhead weight or move rest over in tiny increments towards the left (weak spine)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts