Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going on my first hog hunt in the next couple months and I am in the process of getting some new broadheads. I am going to be shooting a 505gr arrow at around 255-260fps. Right now I am interested in Slick Tricks and the Magnus Stinger. I have some Slick Trick Mags on the way I plan to use for deer but I was also considering their Standard and Razor Tricks for the hog hunt. I will be shooting 125gr heads. So what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I too will be on my first hog hunt in febuary. I am shooting 60# 400grn arrow at 305fps with 80+#'s of ke. I will be trying 3 different heads 1 buzz cuts 2 ramcats 3 gravediggers all 100grns. Hoping to kill with each head and make a decision on what head i will stick with for a while. I say you will be fine with any of the heads you mentioned .

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
That Razor-Trick is a mean hog head by the way.... But any of the heads you mentioned will do just fine out of your set-up.....

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
QAD exodus ?

either way, i think you will be fine, a heavy arrow with decent speed. as long as you dont hit the shield on a big un..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice so far. Any of you guys tried or have opinions on the Viper Trick? I think I like the looks of that head quite a bit too. I think I like the ferrule design of the Viper better than the Razor. Also will there be much penetration difference between the STD, Viper, and Razor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts