Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me out here guys, I need the ultiment broadhead!! needs to fly like a feild point and hit like a truck. I had a bad experiance with expandables last year (did'nt open on a quartering away shot).So I'm leaning twords a fixed blade. what works for you?
If it matters I shoot a Vipertec at 28.5 and 65 lbs.
thanks.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Looks like you need some Slick Tricks! I have yet to hear of one person that didn't fall in love with them, and they are now making them VERY sharp.

The Montecs run a close second, though. They're a very good head too.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Strikers by G5 they are one SHARP! tuff head.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Spitfires. They work great for me and leave a blood trail you can follow from your stand.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good broadheads are a dime a dozen these days (yet they still charge $10-$12 a piece:confused3: ) My favrite head of all time is the Rocky Mountain TI-100.

I know a lot of guys like the G5 broadheads but I had a bad experience with the B-52 (crappy penetration with a 2 blade broadhead should never happen!)
Plus the blade sharpness wasn't what I thought it should be out of the box.

You want a great head for an even better price check these out!http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrockymountainbroadheads

·
Banned
910 Posts
those montecs are tough, its a good choice if you insist on a fixed blade. I have seen and killed several critters shot with good mechanicals, even 1 real marginal shot and they have worked everytime.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Slick Tricks. They not only hit like a truck they are built like a tank!

All steel, thick .035" SS Blades that are very sharp, do fly like field points and excellent customer service if required.

I have never used a better broadhead in my 56 years of bowhunting!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Face the Broadhead display, close your eyes and place your finger on a pack of broadheads. That is the one to use. All of the fixed heads will cleanly kill a deer, with good shot placement. Tune the b/h to your bow and go hunting.

Everyone has their favorite b/h, but the fact is they all work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts