Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at some high speed film of broadhead and limb dampers. Go to www.limbsaver.com click on high speed video right side, then hit archery. GARY SIMS LIMBSAVER.

·
Registered
571 Posts
cool

Mechanical broadheads have come a long way. See that they open easily with just water. Im sure flesh will open them with no problem!

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
OH MAN!!!!!!!!! The water ballon shots are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The case against expandables not opening has been closed!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
limbsaver high speed

YA and hear in wa state we can use them, May be if we send fish and game some photos they will change there minds

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
YA and hear in wa state we can use them, May be if we send fish and game some photos they will change there minds
We can't use them. You should definetly send this video to F&G to see what they say :thumbs_up

I hear we can use expandables for Turkey though. I've never hunted turkey but......

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Version 2 of the limb damper video is a much better comparison than version 1. And the balloons! The water just hangs there in the air! So cool. How much fun is your job, GIG???:thumbs_up

·
Registered
23,633 Posts
Gary - any possibility of trying a Trophy Ridge Meat Seeker head Vs. Balloon?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Thanks for the updated vid- much more fair comparison than the 1st one.

also loved the baloon shots!

·
Registered
547 Posts
You should do a follow up to the riser deflection vid. and put limbsaver products on the limbs and see if you get less deflection. Water Baloons AWESOME! I could watch that all day. Maybe mellons next could be like Gallager in slo mo.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
high speed film

YA i think Mellon's would be cool, And other broadheads to will talk with guys about shooting riser shots over with limbsaver on all bows.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Lots of claims in this industry. Limbsavers seem to be the one who can back it up. A+ I have limbsaver products on all my bows.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Gary,

Much better vid of the bowjax vs limbsavers. I always felt your product was a little better.

One thing to double check on. I know this is nitpicking but I can't help myself. The peeps look different for some reason. On yours it looks like a G5 peep in the string at an angle and the bowjax setup the peep is perpendicular to the string. I wonder if the peep is the same make model and the same weight? Could you verify? The added weight would help your make the limbsaver look better.

E

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Why not try that same test and show the entire bow? There are too many factors to say they are identical..heck, the peeps are different...how can it be the SAME bow? :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts