Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested in the performance of a slick trick broadhead;this is a picture of a 170 lb buck I killed last season with one.That is the exit hole in the right front shoulder.The shot was at 16 yards.Equipment was a pearson 38 special set at 70 lbs. shooting a 390 grain arrow(goldtip xt camo hunter) at 275 fps.Complete pass through.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep,that was the 100 grain version.The head was completely intact ,all I did was cange the blades and the head was good to go.It blew right through the shoulder plate.You like these heads;short compact, strong and fly great.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Great SHOT!!!!

Pearson are an under rated bow but it does not deserve it......Martis and bowtechs Hoyts and others are spoken of all the time but Pearsons are real nice also!!!!!!Good hunting!!!!!!! TOXO

·
74,535 Posts
Good shot

With that kind of shot placement they wont go far.

·
Registered
94 Posts
rut... I've read some bs about them not doing well on angled shots is that just what it is....bs? It dont matter anyway cause I done ordered 6-heads and extra blades too! Just curious! :cool: :D That's what I call pure ventilation!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gaboy...I think it is nothing but pure BS.I've killed 3 other bucks with these heads last year,one of which was quatering away and it blew throughthe last rib and exited just behind the opposite shoulder.You will like them,do'nt worry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
rut...I aint 2 worried I trust what I see in your picture. I just dont like the Muzzy due to the ferrule I've bent a few and broken one. And it was a 115gr. I too prefer the 4-bl. design a fuller cutting circle. 5shot gives it a 25 rating w/b- sharpness in one and a 24 w/b+sharpness in the other test. But he speeks very highly of the bh. I guess I am just anxious to get'em. I want to test them on a hog 1st. Thats how I practice for bowseason!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ones I had got all had the blades sharp enogh to pop the hairs off my forearm.The ferrule is one piece solid steel,which would be awfully hard to bend.If I had hogs up here in CT. I'd be doing alot of "testing" myself.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
:) Congrats on a nice buck. You had him hit right where you wanted. They tend to easier to recover with shots like that. Good going and, nice shot. Thats what its about. Don't it feel good when things come together? I am happy for you and wish you the same luck on all of your future hunts. P.S.-- The exit hole is impressive to say the least. The heads did a nice job.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I just want everyone to know that the blade sharpness has been very much improved over last years blades. Maybe 5 shot will update his grading of the blades after looking at this years blades. That was my only gripe about them before. I would touch up the edge a bit before hunting, but not anymore!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have already changed the blade sharpness score on my report, and when I get the 125 grn test results out I will make a special note of the improved blade sharpness. they are a good bit sharper this year compared to last years heads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.