Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the muzzy phantoms for my first archery season this year. I have about a week before our special Washington hunt starts and i can't get consitent results from them. With field points I can consitently get 50 cent piece groups at 50 yards but with the phantoms, I'm lucky to hit the target half the time. I don't understand what is going on. I'm thinking about switching broad heads. Any sugessions?

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
No experience with the Phantoms but I would check the following first. First are they the same weight as your field points? are the blades tight or anything bent? Is every broad head off if not just might be a bad one. Finally try getting a digital scale and take a reading of the total arrow with broad head and compare to field point might be surprised on what you find. it also couldn’t' hurt to invest in a spin tester or broad head tuner

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Found out that the two blade broadhead was to "primative" for the speed of my bow and was acting as a sail more or less. Bought some Tight Point Suttle T's and they work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts