Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best broadhead with a 3 blade solid head? i know a lot of guys shoot montec, but im leaning towards hell razors or snuffers ss's (ssssss). is there any im missing? what are the pros and cons of each? do the new montec cs come with a better edge?
also whats the best replaceable blade witha larger cut. by larger i mean over an 1 1'16( which is really pushing it for me) i know people like slick tricks but i want to hear about some other heads, just to see whats out there. i want to hear the pros and cons and how they fly. and how tuff they are.
and expandables what do you think, good bad ugly( lets not rage bash ok?) and how durable they are, what are the top mechs out there?
let me know what you guys think i appreciate it, and lets not bash any other types. thanks alot and cant wait to hear back. take care :darkbeer: and good luck huntin:wink:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
in my opinion the montec cs do seem to have a better edge and seem to be a little bit stronger

·
Registered
625 Posts
Snuffers

I really liked them they flew well and made nice ugly holes.
easily sharpened with just a fine flat file.Have heard the SS are harder to sharpen.
I read somewhere they are coming out with even better Snuffers soon.
Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
In my oppinion the best replaceable blade 3 blade would be the tightpoint shuttle t lock. 1 1/8 cut and as tuff as it gets. However when im low on money i can pick up some wasp boss's. they arent quite as durable as tightpoints but they will get the job done.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I've killed a lot of critters in the last few years and just about all of them have been with a Magnus Snuffer SS and a few with the Magnus Stinger 2 blade, super easy to resharpen...IHO, about as good as it gets!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use the Thunderhead 100's and they work great. Real durable, stay sharp, and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
48 Posts
F-15

I was given a sample of the F-15 fixed blade at the ATA show last year and found it shot like my field tips.

I used it this season and took two whitetails. One shot was through the boiler room and tracking wasn't necessary.

The second shot was back in the liver area and again, tracking wasn't necessary. I have to say I'm buying into the idea that the two side-by-side bleeder blades punch a better hole.

I'll be hunting this evening and hope to take my first shot with a Montec. Would like to compare the two.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
If you shoot 125gr the Woodsman is pretty good (also very reasonably priced).
They tuned real easy for me.
Haven't used them hunting yet, but I will on my next trip.

Kev

1 - 13 of 13 Posts