Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda new to archery, and I was wondering how you guys figure on what weight broadhead to use,,, im shooting a 50-60lbs single cam bow with a arrow size of about 26 inches,,,Using Carbon impact fatshaft 6000's,,, what broadhead would y'all recommend? I have G-5 100grain right now,, Just wondering if this is the right size..If I do as by buddy says,, Using FOC rules of mathematics,,, he says I should be using like a 145 grain broadhead,,,Doesnt seem right to me,, what do y'all think?
thanks, Takeum

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I think you buddy either wants an foc near 25% or he blew his math. The poundage of your bow means nothing, but I shoot Beman ICS Hunters, 27.75" shafts, 340's, and 100 grain broadheads and end up with about 12% FOC which is pretty good.

PM me if you need to, first do a search for FOC on AT, and we can work out what your current FOC is and what you might want to do. Also check your state laws about minimum arrow weight if their is one. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.